Rx300 Frame

LexKid630

It has been said that the rx300 frame is the same as the toyota camry. But the turning radius on the rx is different than on the camry. So is it really the same frame?

It just seems odd to me

It's correct that the RX shares some of the Camry & ES underpinnings, but it is a 'modified' version of the platform, including a longer wheelbase & other variables so the turning radius will be different. B)

:cheers:

No, its not exactly the same frame. Its a variation on the frame the Camry platform is derived from. The ES, Highlander, Avalon, Sienna, Solara, and RX all come from the same basic platform.

No, its not exactly the same frame. Its a variation on the frame the Camry platform is derived from. The ES, Highlander, Avalon, Sienna, Solara, and RX all come from the same basic platform.

I guess if they have something that works, why fix it! ;) that's why toyota/lexus makes such good cars. All the bugs are out of them...

I guess if they have something that works, why fix it! ;) that's why toyota/lexus makes such good cars. All the bugs are out of them...

Well not all, but most lol ;) :lol: :whistles:

:cheers:

As far as the turning radius thing...is it the AWD cars or the FWD cars? I do know that the turning radius of a 4WD truck or SUV is greatly increased when 4WD engaged. So being permanent AWD could account for some turning radius issues...however, as far as the elongated frame thing goes, my RX300 AWD has the turning radius of a F250 and I am sure that it has a much longer frame than my car.

As far as the turning radius thing...is it the AWD cars or the FWD cars?  I do know that the turning radius of a 4WD truck or SUV is greatly increased when 4WD engaged.  So being permanent AWD could account for some turning radius issues...however, as far as the elongated frame thing goes, my RX300 AWD has the turning radius of a F250 and I am sure that it has a much longer frame than my car.

both the front wheel drive and AWD rx300's have the same turning radius. i test drove a front wheel drive before i got the AWD and it was the same.