Ceramic Tint?

A buddy has an Audi black-on-black... not the best for Texas in summer.

He added ceramic window tint - blocks less light but much more heat. Any experience with Lexus and Ceramic? Any problem with antenna or defrost on the rear window?

TIA

He added ceramic window tint - blocks less light but much more heat.  Any experience with Lexus and Ceramic?  Any problem with antenna or defrost on the rear window?

TIA

Never heard of a ceramic tint......who makes it & what's it all about? :unsure: give us the website of the company. I know that 'metalized' is about the best one can use. B)

:cheers:

He added ceramic window tint - blocks less light but much more heat.  Any experience with Lexus and Ceramic?  Any problem with antenna or defrost on the rear window?

TIA

Never heard of a ceramic tint......who makes it & what's it all about? :unsure: give us the website of the company. I know that 'metalized' is about the best one can use. B)

Brand is Huber Optik. Can't find a web site for them.

Ceramic for sure - blocks a lot of the heat and lesss light, they say.

Looking for any experience with them and any interference in remote and radio antennas on the rear window.

TIA

Looking for any experience with them and any interference in remote and radio antennas on the rear window.

Never heard of the stuff personally, & I'd be a little apprehensive if there is no info on the net. I'd stick with the metalized & sratch resistant stuff from either 3M or Llumar. Just my 2 cents.

TIA

Never heard of the stuff personally, & I'd be a little apprehensive if there is no info on the net. I'd stick with the metalized & sratch resistant stuff from either 3M or Llumar. Just my 2 cents.

Found their web site at www.huperoptik.com - there was a typo in my original search - put in huBer instead of huPer... From the specs looks good, and the do all the cars at a Lexus dealer in Singapore. Claim to have no interference with electronics since they are not metalic... will go to the one local shop that handles them and see what the $$ is for an ES-300.

Found their web site at www.huperoptik.com - there was a typo in my original search - put in huBer instead of huPer...  From the specs looks good, and the do all the cars at a Lexus dealer in Singapore.  Claim to have no interference with electronics since they are not metalic... will go to the one local shop that handles them and see what the $$ is for an ES-300.

Looks like intresting stuff.....keep us posted. I hoped they would have had some colour samples to view however. ;)