What Are The Best Shock

gmantob

You can do them yourself, but it does take some work. The rear seat needs to come out for the back shocks "not that hard to do". You'll want a breaker bar, torque wrench and a set of deep sockets. Honestly, I would just order oem shocks from one of the online vendors. I did my 95 recently, and the shocks weren't but $45-$50 each, and they're oem lexus shocks/struts.

if you want oem ride then go lexus they about 50-buck or so, but if you want a little stiff ride go with KYBs or Bilstein, KYB is close to OEM, also,proper etiquette is not using CAPITAL LETTERS, its like shouting on the forums,

if you want oem ride then go lexus they about 50-buck or so, but if you want a little stiff ride go with KYBs or Bilstein, KYB is close to OEM, also,proper etiquette is not using CAPITAL LETTERS, its like shouting on the forums,

what are oem shocks where can you get them?

KYB actially made the OEM shocks for the LS400 so you could order a set of KYBs and maintain the same ride.

You can do it yourself, BUT you'll need a little mechanical know how and some special tools. Safely compressing the spring to remove it (and then re-install it) can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. You have to compress it which puts it under high tension - if the compressed spring comes loose then you could be seriously injured.

Oh yeah, forgot about the spring compressors. Branshew is right, don't do this without them. You can rent them at autozone as well. You'll also want a bottle of asprin handy too, you'll be sore, trust me.

KYB actially made the OEM shocks for the LS400 so you could order a set of KYBs and maintain the same ride.

You can do it yourself, BUT you'll need a little mechanical know how and some special tools.  Safely compressing the spring to remove it (and then re-install it) can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.  You have to compress it which puts it under high tension - if the compressed spring comes loose then you could be seriously injured.

thanks guys