Stereo Problems

I have a 98 gs with the Nak and Im having some probs.Here is the prob after about an hour of driving with the stereo cranked it gets real staticy and cuts out kinda sounds like a badly scratched cd.Here is what ive figured out it only happens when it is warm out I forgot I had this prob over the fall and spring until it got warm.So I believe it is due to heat.Not sure though.If you turn it down for a few secs it goes away and you can listen at a dacent volume but if you crank it,it comes back in a few minutes.Ive ruled out the Cd player because when this happens Ive changed back and forth between cd and radio and it applies to both.All I can figure either my amp or my deck is the culprit.I have to lean toward the amp.This is a completly stock and untouched Nak stereo.Does this make any sense to anyone? :chairshot:

• 2 weeks later...
Can I take this amp out and have it bench tested like an aftermarket?

Yes you can have it bench tested, The amp is on the passenger side behind the glovebox. If you need one I have one .

Can I take this amp out and have it bench tested like an aftermarket?

Yes you can have it bench tested, The amp is on the passenger side behind the glovebox. If you need one I have one .

You'll need to find someone who specializes in repairing OEM amps. It won't be easy without a wiring diagram or an extra headunit or plugs. I'd find someone you trust with the same setup and let them test it out for you or swap with them temporarily. <_<