New Tires Needed

Hello,

My 2000 GS300 Goodyear Eagle 215/60/16's are cupping in the front. I want some nice quiet safe replacements. What would you all recommend. Please Help!

Are you looking for an excellent & quiet all season performance tire or a summer set?

If all season, I suggest the Falken Ziex ZE-512.

http://www.falkentire.com/tires_512.htm

The Toyo Proxes TPT.

or finally the Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

Good Luck!! Those are the best available for long mileage, wet weather performance & comfort! B)

:cheers:

Rotate tires every 4,000 miles if you are sensitive to irregular tire wear and the associated noise.

If a smooth, quiet ride is a top priority, you're going to have to give up some high speed handling / cornering capability and / or wet weather traction. No way around it. There are tires that claim to combine both (like the Goodyear Tripletred) but owners ultimately find they don't deliver an optimally smooth quiet ride and / or have low rolling resistance for good fuel economy.

Some OEM tires like the Michelin MXV4-Plus are a reasonably good overall compromise.

I am looking something in the department of some Michelin Energy MXV4 plus, $122.00 Each, about $650.00 out the door.

Hello,

My 2000 GS300 Goodyear Eagle 215/60/16's are cupping in the front. I want some nice quiet safe replacements. What would you all recommend. Please Help!

Are you looking for an excellent & quiet all season performance tire or a summer set?

If all season, I suggest the Falken Ziex ZE-512.

http://www.falkentire.com/tires_512.htm

The Toyo Proxes TPT.

or finally the Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

Good Luck!! Those are the best available for long mileage, wet weather performance & comfort! B)

I happen to be considering some Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus tires. I just bought the car and was wondering about the road noise that was occurring. I just had to have the car. A local tire shop recently pointed out the cupping that was going onon the inside part of the front tires. This has got to be the noise problem.

Rotate tires every 4,000 miles if you are sensitive to irregular tire wear and the associated noise. 

If a smooth, quiet ride is a top priority, you're going to have to give up some high speed handling / cornering capability and / or wet weather traction.  No way around it.  There are tires that claim to combine both (like the Goodyear Tripletred) but owners ultimately find they don't deliver an optimally smooth quiet ride and / or have low rolling resistance for good fuel economy. 

Some OEM tires like the Michelin MXV4-Plus are a reasonably good overall compromise.

I am looking something in the department of some Michelin Energy MXV4 plus, $122.00 Each, about $650.00 out the door.

My previous suggestions will get you 'out the door' much less than that (including a 4 wheel alignment!) They will perform as good if not better than the Michelins for overall all season performance! ;) I'd give them serious consideration if I were you before making your decision on the Michelins. ;)

I just ordered a set of BF Goodrich Traction T/A V rated tires..225/55/16 for my 2002 GS300. Getting them at costco at 126.99 each installed with roadside warranty and lifetime balancing/rotation etc.

They should be in next week. I read reviews on them, and they seemed pretty good. Will let you know how thye perform once they are on.

I just ordered a set of BF Goodrich Traction T/A V rated tires..225/55/16 for my 2002 GS300. Getting them at costco at 126.99 each installed with roadside warranty and lifetime balancing/rotation etc.

They should be in next week. I read reviews on them, and they seemed pretty good. Will let you know how thye perform once they are on.

Don't forget the 4 wheel alignment. ;)