Suspension/tires

I just bought a 2001 GS430, and want to mod it ASAP. I do not have any experience with this car, and am having a hard time trying to figure out the specifics of the mod. I know I want a bodykit( Explosion GS160/Admiration GSABS FRP). I know I want to lower it, but.... how much? Am I better off getting coilovers or is the 1.9" drop the Daizen lowering springs give enough? What size wheel should I get? I have seen plenty of cars with 20's that I think look terrible. What I really want is a wheel that makes the car look more aggressive, something with a deep offset. I am sure there is a lot of experience and knowledge out there, and I would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks

This discussion has been ongoing since this forum started...you should read back and do a search.

But since I did some searching of my own...here is what I found when I was looking for mods.

Drop 1.2 front 1.4 rear (l-sportline which has eibach stamped on the springs)

l-tuned shocks and struts

all together the setup is about $300. Installation is about $150.

If I were to do it again I would probably go with tein coilovers...I have no gap in the rear and 2 finger in the front. When I get my rims (19 Hp evo darks w/38 offset) I should be flush in the front and hiding my rear tire due to the increase in the overall diameter.

tire sizes recommended by most is 275/30 rear and 245/35 front for a 8.5 front 9.5 rear rim. Don't forget to check into centering rings.

Search for Polarg m4 lights. a member posted a nice pic of their front lights...good luck

I just bought a 2001 GS430, and want to mod it ASAP. I do not have any experience with this car, and am having a hard time trying to figure out the specifics of the mod. I know I want a bodykit( Explosion GS160/Admiration GSABS FRP). I know I want to lower it, but.... how much? Am I better off getting coilovers or is the 1.9" drop the Daizen lowering springs give enough? What size wheel should I get? I have seen plenty of cars with 20's that I think look terrible. What I really want is a wheel that makes the car look more aggressive, something with a deep offset. I am sure there is a lot of experience and knowledge out there, and I would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks

What kind of tires are you looking for, high performance all seasons or summer? the A/S tires will last longer. B)

:cheers: