Incompetent, Stupid Or Crooks?

Archie

Thanks to Larry D in my alternator post I got a second opinion on my alternator. Sears checked my DieHard and alternator at NC and said every thing is fine.

I kept checking because the car won't crank at times. But it will crank when I charge it.

So the next agency who specializes in Lexus repairs ( not a Lexus dealer) charges me $37 and says the Alternator is NG. $500 + for a fix.

So Larry says try again, so I take it to a very small shop near home and he tests and says the alternator is fine but I have a drain on the battery. Charged me $6.00 so I gave him $10 as a tip.

First time I heard that. So I drove it home and put an amp meter on it. Hmmm, traced the leak back to the CD player who seems to work overtime and drains the battery at night. Or so I think right now. I disconnected it so we will see.

Stay tuned.

Thanks to Larry D in my alternator post I got a second opinion on my alternator. Sears checked my DieHard and alternator at NC and said every thing is fine.

I kept checking because the car won't crank at times. But it will crank when I charge it.

So the next agency who specializes in Lexus repairs ( not a Lexus dealer) charges me $37 and says the Alternator is NG. $500 + for a fix. 

So Larry says try again, so I take it to a very small shop near home and he tests and says the alternator is fine but I have a drain on the battery. Charged me $6.00 so I gave him $10 as a tip.

First time I heard that. So I drove it home and put an amp meter on it. Hmmm, traced the leak back to the CD player who seems to work overtime and drains the battery at night. Or so I think right now. I disconnected it so we will see.

Stay tuned.

Welcome to the car business, we didnt work hard to learn about your cars for nothing. There are crocks out there that will try and WILL take advantage of those who simply dont know.

LOL!! But, you got to love the incompetent crooks! They make it so easy to nail!

Stay tuned.

What test did they perform to conlude that your alternator doesn't work properly? How many amps does the vehicle put out when it's at 2000rpm with high beam on and heater switch on "HI" position? You should get at least 30 amps for more. Did they leave the car overnight to perform a drop voltage test? What was the voltage reading when the cd unit turn on? I could assit you with this matter if you don't mind provide me some more datas and some testing. Let us know sir.

JP Importz