Might Get Sc300

The SC300 has 225hp and the IS300 has 215hp. Why is this so? Could it be the dual exhaust vs. single, or different intake/exhaust manifolds, cams? The reason I ask this is I wanna know if a mod done to the IS like intake, exhaust, and headers adding 30hp equaling 245hp - would the SC only increase by 20hp equaling 245hp, or would the SC also increase by 30hp to equal 255hp? Anyone have a clue what I am saying? Kinda hard to describe. Oh, and would the IS300 headers on an SC have to be lengthened or welded at the down pipe, or would it match the exhaust system the same? One more question: I know the Soarer 2.5 TT can be dropped into an SC300 with matching harnesses, etc. But, would the 2.5 TT also drop into an SC400 just as easily?

Thanks,

Anthony.

The SC300 has 225hp and the IS300 has 215hp. Why is this so? Could it be the dual exhaust vs. single, or different intake/exhaust manifolds, cams? The reason I ask this is I wanna know if a mod done to the IS like intake, exhaust, and headers adding 30hp equaling 245hp - would the SC only increase by 20hp equaling 245hp, or would the SC also increase by 30hp to equal 255hp? Anyone have a clue what I am saying? Kinda hard to describe. Oh, and would the IS300 headers on an SC have to be lengthened or welded at the down pipe, or would it match the exhaust system the same? One more question: I know the Soarer 2.5 TT can be dropped into an SC300 with matching harnesses, etc. But, would the 2.5 TT also drop into an SC400 just as easily?

Thanks,

Anthony.

I cannot answer your question but get the sc300 you can mod that countless ways and get from 225 to 900 rwh depending on your mods. plus the sc300 is built better and looks sharper.

I'd say that the SC300s are much better tuner cars compared to the IS300s because the IS has a kinda weak 4 cylinder while the SC has a I6 engine... So you can pretty much go farther with the SC like Scott Gordon said.

And SC's definately looks better then IS's. I personally think its the best looking Lexus out there.

I don't know much about the mods, but as far as I see it, an IS is fancy Civic or actually a fancy Corolla for that matter. The SC is a better looking car, much more worth the money and with all the engine space around the I6, you will have room to work.

Thanks for the replies, but I DO NOT WANT AN IS300. I am looking into getting an SC300. I just want to know how the mods to this engine would work out, and if I buy an SC400 would I be able to drop the 2.5 tt engine or at least the 3.0 in there easily? Look at the very first post on this topic if you don't know what I mean.

Thanks,

Anthony.

Thanks for the replies, but I DO NOT WANT AN IS300. I am looking into getting an SC300. I just want to know how the mods to this engine would work out, and if I buy an SC400 would I be able to drop the 2.5 tt engine or at least the 3.0 in there easily? Look at the very first post on this topic if you don't know what I mean.

Thanks,

Anthony.

I wouldn't get an IS if I were you. Why do you want one, anyway, over an SC?

Just kidding :lol:

I'd say that the SC300s are much better tuner cars compared to the IS300s because the IS has a kinda weak 4 cylinder while the SC has a I6 engine... So you can pretty much go farther with the SC like Scott Gordon said.

And SC's definately looks better then IS's. I personally think its the best looking Lexus out there.

The IS300 has the same engine as the SC300 a 2JZ-GE, which is an Inline 6, not a 4 cylinder, it is also shared with the GS300's. It might have something to do with OBDII on the car or the shartened exhauset, etc things like that.

The difference lies with the transmission too. The SC's share the Supra transmission, the IS's transmission is shorter and will not swap out with the SC's or Supras transmission. The IS transmissions to not hold HP as well as the SC's trannies do so when you put more power to it they are more pron to failure.

Thanks,

Anthony.

No you wouldn't as the SC400 engine mounts are different than a 300's engine mounts so you'd have to do some heavy modification to get it to fit. If you put the GTE engine in a 300 then it would drop right in.

basic bolt on mods wont give you much power at all. my friend with a sc300 has intake and exhaust with no cat, and it actually feels like it lost power... well bottom end power that is which really makes the 300 feel sluggish under normal city driving but it sounds super nice at high revs. but the slow feel could be a result of being used to the 400.

as for the difference in power between the IS and SC is probably from stricter emmisions on the IS while still keeping the same motor. fuel map is probably way different and well it is a vvt-i so its supposed to make more power but keep fuel efficiency? yea so i just blame emissions rules. and if you plan to do a motor swap too many minor things are different in the 400 to make it worth using a 400 plus 300's are cheaper anyway.