Intermittent Fm Reception

1992 SC400 stock Pioneer Radio/Cassette/12CD

AM, tape, and CD all sound fine and seem to work (other than the usual CD problems).

Antenna seems to work, extending to full on AM and extending to different heights for different FM stations. The cutting in and out seems to be worse on the lower stations and better on the higher stations. Seems like it is an antenna problem.

Any thoughts on what is causing this or how to fix it?

1992 SC400 stock Pioneer Radio/Cassette/12CD

AM, tape, and CD all sound fine and seem to work (other than the usual CD problems).

Antenna seems to work, extending to full on AM and extending to different heights for different FM stations. The cutting in and out seems to be worse on the lower stations and better on the higher stations. Seems like it is an antenna problem.

Any thoughts on what is causing this or how to fix it?

Huh this usually is a problem with all features cd tape and radio, cutting in out , which usually is related to a wiring harness connection found below your rear seat. but if you only have it happening durning fm channels you might want to try contacting lextreme.com they seem to know the stereo problems pretty well

I am a newbie lexus sc300 owner and I was wondering the same thing about the radio. I recently noticed that I was having problems with my CD and radio cutting out. Is this a serious harness issue or maybe a loose wire or two?