95 Gs300 Key Cutting

I bought one of those 7 dollar blanks on ebay, so i could make a copy of my master key, and i just got off the phone with my local lexus dealership and they said they won't cut it, and I would have to have a locksmith do it, and most of the locksmiths i know, say i should go to the dealership. It costs 45 bucks for a new one, the dealership parts person said on the phone. I don't know whether its liablilty issue of why they cannot cut my blank i got on ebay or what. The blank doesn't have any buttons on the side of it or anything, just a plain old black plastic end that has "ilco" imprinted on the side of it. I know it is for my car, i just can't find anyone to cut it. Thanks

Sam

I bought one of those 7 dollar blanks on ebay, so i could make a copy of my master key, and i just got off the phone with my local lexus dealership and they said they won't cut it, and I would have to have a locksmith do it, and most of the locksmiths i know, say i should go to the dealership.  It costs 45 bucks for a new one, the dealership parts person said on the phone.  I don't know whether its  liablilty issue of why they cannot cut my blank i got on ebay or what.  The blank doesn't have any buttons on the side of it or anything, just  a plain old black plastic end that has "ilco" imprinted on the side of it.  I know it is for my car, i just can't find anyone to cut it.  Thanks

Sam

I bought a key off of ebay for my 2000 gs 300. I got it cut at http://www.frankslocksmith.com . You will have to send the key to them. It will cost you $25.