My Ls400 Wont Crank

LEXTREME601

well it started just like it was an ecu problem. well i talked to my mechanics and they said that it wasnt

so i continued on driving as i usually do and now the car wont crank. i dont know what the problem is but i need a resolution and i need one fast. i need my car. so is it the ecu fuel pump ingnition coil fuel injectors or what. somone point me in a direction.

well it started just like it was an ecu problem. well i talked to my mechanics and they said that it wasnt

so i continued on driving as i usually do and now the car wont crank. i dont know what the problem is but i need a resolution and i need one fast. i need my car. so is it the ecu fuel pump ingnition coil fuel injectors or what. somone point me in a direction.

Try to start from the beginning and explain your problem. First symtoms etc.

well it started just dying on me when i was on the interstate. like i would be going a breezy 80 and the engine would just die. then it would started doing it when i woudl be in regular traffic. one day it just died and wouldnt crank. i sent it to my mechanic, they put it on the machine and it was all good. they couldnt find anything. so i went to pick the car back up and now just recently it started doing it again. now my car has died and it wont crank again. i thought it might have been the ecu. but now i am thinkin it may be the fuel pump or fuel filter. so now how do i daignose this problem and where is the fuel filter so i can change it. i just want my car running so i can get back to my regular life.

I had the same problem with a corvette and it was the fuel filter. Would run for a while, start sputtering then quit. The filter should be on the undercarriage either on the drivers side rear or passenger side reae.. Trace the line from the fuel tank forward and you should find it. I remeber a post here about it so do a search.

MECHANIC SAID IT MIGHT BE THE CRANKSHAFT. BUT THAT CANT BE RIGHT CAN IT. IF IT WAS IT WOULDNT EVEN TURN OVER. IS HE WRONG AND JUST TRYING TO TAKE MY MONEY OR WHAT.

]By crankshaft he might mean timing belt problems. How many miles does it have and has the timing belt been replaced? Poor timing can appear to be a "lack of gas" problem. THe fuel filter is located on the driver's side in front on the rear wheel (underneath the car). It's a cheap fix but a tough repair - see other posts on this repair. Leaking fuel and stubborn fittings make it a lot more difficult than it should be. Fuel pump is fairly easy repair but i'd recommend you skip on the cheap Autozone replacements. I bought one when i thought i had a fuel pump problem (wasn't fuel pump) and it was so noisy i put the old original pump back in.

At this point you may need professional help. I can recommend a local independent to repair if you need it - otherwise you'll need to start eliminating possibilities and provide feedback so we can assist in the diagnosis. Unfortunately this might take a while unless you get lucky.

TIMING BELT AND WATER PUMP ARE NOT EVEN 6 MONTHS OLD. THEY PUT THEM ON AND THEY ARE ORIGINAL LEXUS PARTS. SO IF THE CRANKSHAFT IS THE PROBLEM THEN THEY HAVE TO FIX IT RIGHT. OR IS IT MY FAULT. THE MECHANICS I WORK WITH ARE OUT IN RICHLAND. THEY ARE EXTREMELY GOOD GUYS WHO USED TO WORK FOR HERRING GEAR. BUT YOU DONT THINK ITS THE FUEL PUMP OR FILTER.

THE MECHANICS I WORK WITH ARE OUT IN RICHLAND. THEY ARE EXTREMELY GOOD GUYS WHO USED TO WORK FOR HERRING GEAR. BUT YOU DONT THINK ITS THE FUEL PUMP OR FILTER.

That's who i was going to recommend. Have used them once and they did me right. Again this is probably one for the pros to diagnose - but if you're stubborn like me, these would be my thoughts.

You can replace the filter to eliminate that as a possibility. As i said, cheap fix but a nasty repair job with all the gas. I can loan you my new "noisy" fuel pump if you want to eliminate that as a possibility. If so, send me a PM and we'll make arrangements.

The proper thing to do would be to measure the fuel pressure with a gauge but that takes some special tools and fittings. You could unhook the fuel line in the engine compartment on the drivers side and crank the engine to see if fuel comes out. This will tell you if the fuel pump is running, but won't tell you if it's weak or operating intermittently.

HEY THANKS LARRYP. THATS REALL SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY. I MUST SEND YOU A CARD ONE DAY. WELL I AM STILL WAITIN ON THEM TO CALL ME BECAUSE IT WENT TO THE SHOP YESTERDAY. HE TOLD ME SINCE MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WOULDNT COME ON THAT THEY HAD TO DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM MANUALLY. SO I GUESS ITS GOING TO TAKE A MINUTE TO FIX.