How Many H Are Slated For 1 St Yr. Production

Ron O

I just got my 400 H and am surprised at the difference in the acceleration over the 05 330 I traded. I wondered if any one knows how many of the H are being slated for production this year. I also wondered if I could tell what number car mine is in the original production run. Any one knows of the serial number start figure.

The first 200 miles I got 24 mpg this included a lot of "idling” with the AC and radio on a little disappointing but a lot better than the 14 - 15 mpg that my 330 would have gotten under similar circumstances.

This my first post. I also have a "05 Audi S4 and a '04 BMW "M" roadster. My wife drives a turbo Beetle that is chipped.

:D

I just got my 400 H and am surprised at the difference in the acceleration over the 05 330 I traded. I wondered if any one knows how many of the H are being slated for production this year.  I also wondered if I could tell what number car mine is in the original production run.  Any one knows of the serial number start figure.

The first 200 miles I got 24 mpg this included a lot of  "idling” with the AC and radio on a little disappointing but a lot better than the 14 - 15 mpg that my 330 would have gotten under similar circumstances.

This my first post.  I also have a "05 Audi S4 and a '04 BMW "M" roadster. My wife drives a turbo Beetle that is chipped.

:D

You need to break in the engine first before you can get 'real world' fuel economy (say after the first oil change). Go by the last 6 digits of the VIN.....not sure what Lexus sales targets are.......it was only launched a short time ago but they seem to be selling fairly well. B)

:cheers:

I agree that the power of the 400h feels almost endless. In fact, the torque is so much greater than that of an RX330, you can, according to Car & Driver, "spin all four tires" if you put the hammer down from a dead stop. I thoroughly enjoy driving this vehicle (and I'm a sportscar guy at heart - 2001 Corvette coupe).