Finally A Reasonable Aux Input For The Es?

I may have finally found my holy grail!

After two years of pain with the tape adapter to use my Sirius radio, it seems Soundgate has made a reasonably priced aux input for our cars.

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?request...9&usereferrer=1

The best part is, it allows you to keep the factory CD changer, and gives you two RCA hookups for inputs, with a switch that allows you to choose between the three options. I'm going to run one input as a headphone cable in the armrest for an ipod or something else if I feel like it. I got it for about $60 with shipping from audiooutfitter.com. Should hopefully arrive in a few days. I'll post pics and results when it comes!

First, will that work in a 97 ES?  Second, how hard is it to install?  Could an amatuer do it or should a pro install it?

If it does fit on the ES all one would have to do is find the CD stacker and remove the plug and install this one via the RCA inputs. That's the easy part -- now for the more important part, does the camry come with the same pioneer deck as the lexus? If I recall I thought my mom's camry came with a premium JBL Deck, I could be mistaken though.

• 4 months later...

I have '99 ES300 and I'm trying to find the easiest way to hook up my iPod. This seems pretty reasonable. How do you select it as the source w/ the stock system? I'm assuming it takes the place of my 6-cd changer? or am I wrong?

Also, what's a cd stacker? Sorry, I'm a noob with this stuff.

First, will that work in a 97 ES?  Second, how hard is it to install?  Could an amatuer do it or should a pro install it?

I did call this people who sell this adpter, answer was NO

It will not work in 97 ES300.

I have 97 ES300.

Hope this helps.

i do car audio as a profession, work on highend cars new chryslers etc.... i have an alternative for everyone who needs to hook up their ipods satellite radios or any other auxillary input....i sell the modulator for 55$. it hooks up to your stock or aftermarket radios, and allows you to keep your cd changers... pm me if you want it....ill do it 60 shipped.... with detailed instructions.

i also have radios, speakers and t.v.s for sale....all brand new with warranties

i do car audio as a profession, work on highend cars new chryslers etc.... i have an alternative for everyone who needs to hook up their ipods satellite radios or any other auxillary input....i sell the modulator for 55$. it hooks up to your stock or aftermarket radios, and allows you to keep your cd changers... pm me if you want it....ill do it 60 shipped.... with detailed instructions.

i also have radios, speakers and t.v.s for sale....all brand new with warranties

sarcazm,

please refrain from trying to doing personal business on this website. If you would like to become an approved vendor, then please contact an administrator.

Members will not be able to PM you or email you as well as you will not be able to PM or email any member until you post count is above 20. By that time, I am sure you will have reviewed the general rules and quidelines as well as the specifice details listed in the Buy & Sell Forum.

As for the modulator, I think you will find that most members are trying to avoid this type of setup due to the poor and inconsistent transmission that are often obtained. I gather from all the posts that have been made on this subject, that most people would prefer a hardwired system to maintain clarity of signal. I think the least that anyone would settle for is a cable to cassette adapter (assuming that their sound system even has a tape deck included).

steviej

This sucks. There's no great way to hook up an iPod to the '97-01 ES's. The only thing that's keeping me away from a headunit is that the plastic mounting kit doesn't match the stock, black plastic.

Am I the only one that thinks the mounting kits on eBay are ugly?

lol firstly, its not business im tryin to get im tryin to help everyone else, i make about 5 bucks on the piece, secondly , the unit im offering is a hardwired unit, it uses the stock antenna, and a positve and negative... u set it to an unused radio frequency, an bam there you go....no radio fuzz and the radio still works properly, in addition all you see is two rca's for your audio input, ipod, dvd player, minidisc, etc...

What is with the 97 ES being different than the 98-01, in terms of audio? It's frustrating to look for aux options for audio when everything says "98-01"... no mention of 97. It's like the 97 has been stuck in limbo... same gen as the 98-01, but excluded in some respects.

lol firstly, its not business im tryin to get im tryin to help everyone else, i make about 5 bucks on the piece,

if you are promoting a product or business for personal financial gain (even if it is just $5 a unit) and you are not an authorized vendor then it is against the club rules.

Enough said.

Your options are to become a gold member and post you sales pitch in the proper forum immediately, contribute to the website with over 20 legitamite posts then post your product in the proper forum, or become an authorized vendor.

I am not against your product in any means, I am just enforcing the rules and guidelines upon which this website operates. If we where to allow such actions by newbies, they everyone would be selling something.

steviej