2 Questions, Please

I bought my 1999 ES300 Coach new in April '99. I've seen some literature suggesting that the O ring on the gas cap should be replaced at around 50K since it can trip the check engine light. My dealer charges obscene prices for everything, is inconvenient to get to, and just irks me even though this part can't cost much. I have various O rings among my parts/tools for general use. Just out of principle, were I to find one the right size, could it be used?

I've seen (and searched) posts on the cabin filter. I've looked at various manuals for the where and how. Yet, when I have searched for it in the car, all I find is an empty space where it may have/should have been and is now either gone or was never there.

By the way, this car came with all the Coach trimmings. But, I have since learned that other models got adjustable suspension. I did not even know it was available. And, I thought the Coach came fully dressed. I guess not. Marco

the adjustable suspension is an option totally unrelated to the Coach amenities. This option was more locale oriented than package oriented.

The filters go in the compartment that is up to the right of the gas pedal behind the compartment. SEARCH on "cabin filter" and you will find many threads in the past year discussing said topic including installation instructions.

If the O-ring is not causing a CEL then it is ok for now. Did you price a new gas cap from the dealership? Also try online parts distributors.

Here: Filler Cap only $13.24.

steviej

The filters go in the compartment that is up to the right of the gas pedal behind the compartment. SEARCH on "cabin filter" and you will find many threads in the past year discussing said topic including installation instructions.

Thanks, Steviej. I did check that area and it is empty.

If the O-ring is not causing a CEL then it is ok for now. Did you price a new gas cap from the dealership? Also try online parts distributors.

Here: Filler Cap only $13.24.

And, thanks for the lead on the gas cap.

steviej