Thinking Of Getting A Lexus One Day

bdemir

If you had a choice and only around 5-7k to spend what lexus would you buy and why. I am looking for something that doesnt look like a used car and wont cost a fortune to keep up and still not sure if the LS is to much body roll for me.

I probably wont buy one just yet, probably after summer and money is there to spend on another vehicle.

Bedros

I suggest you get a 7k Honda Accord...a 7k Lexus require you to shell out another 2k on repair. I've already put over 4k in repair into my 7k LS, and it is still no where near what I wanted to be.

with only 7 thousand, you can't get much and have enough for repairs etc. 7k will get you a nice lexus, but a used mayba 10-15 years old. That will require a LOT of repairs all the time.

I would get a toyota camry instead of an accord. Toyota is lexus, just cheaper

Cameries have slightly better stereo system than the Accord...maybe is just because Cameries are quieter. According to carsurvey.org, Toyota Camery quality is slipping starting 1999...don't know why.

Toyota Camery quality is slipping starting 1999...don't know why.

Because they started making them in the USA..... which is the case with most Japanese cars these days.

For $7K- you should be able to buy an extremely nice 90-94 LS400. Keep in mind though that parts can be very expensive. Also even a low mile car at this age may need some attention.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I see a 4.5k LS 93 with 130k miles down in DC. You can find deals here and there on cars.com. Keep your eyes open for a while and there are deals.. They go fast so move quickly, but use the LS buying guide as your bible!

I think I am giong to get a 95 with 82k miles for 9k. Not bad since it looks and runs great!

As a first time car buyer, you may want to consider other expenses (other than costly parts/repairs on older model Lexus). What will insurance be like? And with the cost of gas rising daily, can you afford to put premium fuel in a LS that averages 18-23 mpg?

I started out with a used 82 Celica, moved up to a used 88 Celica Turbo 4WD, then a 97 Camry CE and now have a 97 LS400. Best to start out with something that will give you reliable transportation, has a good maintenance record and will fit into your budget. I would have loved to have had a Lexus as my first car, but some things are also worth waiting for :)