Brake Noise On '98 Gs-400

Had new brakes and rotors on '98 GS 400 but ended up with clunking sound when brakes were applied. ,Posted this topic before and responses advised be sure to have new shims added to the replacement pads. I followed advice, added shims by repalacing pads with Centric pads that came with the shims and the noise has disappeared. Thanks for the great advice.

Thanks a whole bunch for the update. I will be sure and include shims when I replace the pads, as I also have the annoying clunking when applying the brakes. :cheers:

• 3 months later...
Had new brakes and rotors on '98 GS 400 but ended up with clunking sound when brakes were applied. ,Posted this topic before and responses advised  be sure to have new shims added to the replacement pads. I followed advice, added shims by repalacing pads with Centric pads that came with the shims and the noise has disappeared.  Thanks for the great advice.

I have the same problem right now!! I'm going out of my mind. I bought new slotted/cross drilled Brembo rotors and Axxis Metal master brake pads and the clunking noise is definitely noticable. Where can I get new "shims" for my brakes. Also, what are "Centric pads" is this just another name brand or is this a different type of pad? I really need help with my brakes.

Thanks,

Nick