2005 Sc 430

Doctor K

Just bought my first Lexus 3 days ago. I have owned many fine cars in my life and hope this Lexus falls into that category. I am more than a little concerned with the way the transmission shifts, and especially the way the car is so sluggish in pulling away from a stop. It seems like you are in third gear in pulling away. Once underway the shift detents are almost imperceptable.

I cannot tell which gear I'm in once moving unless I hand select a lower gear.

The car has only 150 miles on it. It sure does not seem like 300 horsepower!

Will it get any better once I have accumulated milage? Stereo is outstanding and the car is beautiful. <_<

Just bought my first Lexus 3 days ago.  I have owned many fine cars in my life and hope this Lexus falls into that category. I am more than a little concerned with the way the transmission shifts, and especially the way the car is so sluggish in pulling away from a stop.  It seems like you are in third gear in pulling away.  Once underway the shift detents are almost imperceptable.

I cannot tell which gear I'm in once moving unless I hand select a lower gear.

The car has only 150 miles on it.  It sure does not seem like 300 horsepower!

Will it get any better once I have accumulated milage?  Stereo is outstanding and the car is beautiful. <_<

:lol: It will get a little better but not much.  I had an '04 SC430 and always felt that the car was underpowered.  The Lexus engines are not very high on the torque side and the transmissions are geared and calibrated more for smoothness and imperceptible shifting.  While it was a beauty I was terribly disappointed with its build quality and the horrible dealer service.  I sold it with 1,750 miles on it and bought an '05 SL55 AMG---no underpower and no imperceptible shifting and best of all no return visits to the service departmenmt.