On And Off Speakers

hello everyone. the problem is that both my front and back passenger side speakers keep going out. Ive been trying to figure this problem for some time now so ive been reading all of the informtion in the forum. there are alot of similiar problems but none are exactly like mine.sometimes the speakers will be playing and just go out and other times they will just come on. This occurs when the car is moving and while im idling. I checked all of my amp connectors and tried jiggling the wires on the front door to no avail. A friend told me that since this is happening to the front and back speakers at the same time that maybe the connections on the radio/reciever might be loose or something. The only problem is that i dont know how to remove it to check to see if he is indeed right. Does anyone have any suggestions on what my problem might be or how to remove the radio? All suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Forgive me if this post is abit long but it drives me crazy when im cruising and the volume drops,it just kills the vibe

hello everyone. the problem is that both my front and back passenger side speakers keep going out. Ive been trying to figure this problem for some time now so ive been reading all of the informtion in the forum. there are alot of similiar problems but none are exactly like mine.sometimes the speakers will be playing and just go out and other times they will just come on. This occurs when the car is moving and while im idling. I checked all of my amp connectors and tried jiggling the wires on the front door to no avail. A friend told me that since this is happening to the front and back speakers at the same time that maybe the connections on the radio/reciever might be loose or something. The only problem is that i dont know how to remove it to check to see if he is indeed right. Does anyone have any suggestions on what my problem might be or how to remove the radio? All suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Forgive me if this post is abit long but it drives me crazy when im cruising and the volume drops,it just kills the vibe

Try this: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=20145

It could be your telephone mute system is coming on

;)

• 5 months later...

;)

I also have this problem with my 99 RX300. The volume will drop out almost completely (if you turn the volume ALL the way up, you can faintly hear it). Then when it comes back on it scares everyone in the car. I don't have a phone set-up in my car, but I checked with a dealership and they have a 2006 GX470 with the SAME problem. They've replaced the amps & the head unit and still haven't figured anything out. I'm so frustrated. Sometimes it seems like it's triggered by bumps in the road, but other times it pops in & out for NO reason. aaarghh!!! I hope people are still checking this thread out and can help me. jwilliams at cableaz dot com

• 1 year later...

;)

I also have this problem with my 99 RX300. The volume will drop out almost completely (if you turn the volume ALL the way up, you can faintly hear it). Then when it comes back on it scares everyone in the car. I don't have a phone set-up in my car, but I checked with a dealership and they have a 2006 GX470 with the SAME problem. They've replaced the amps & the head unit and still haven't figured anything out. I'm so frustrated. Sometimes it seems like it's triggered by bumps in the road, but other times it pops in & out for NO reason. aaarghh!!! I hope people are still checking this thread out and can help me. jwilliams at cableaz dot com

Hi there, I'm from Greenland.

I'm having exactly same problem on my 2001 LX470. The sound disappears from the ML sound system now and then, and it doesn't seem like it is caused by a loose connection! ...sometimes when the sound finally returns, it happens with a higher volume setting! :censored: ...so I was suspecting the amplifier to being the problem, ...untill I read your add about the 2006 GX470. :huh:

Please tell me if you have succeeded solving your problem? Thank you in advance.