Locks Won't Work Properly =(

i`ve had my 2000 gs400 for 3 years now, and my locks just stopped working. The weird thing is they work when they feel like it...? When i push the lock button (on the key or in the car all the doors except the drivers dont lock. They make a weird buzzing noise, and they look like they want to lock because they move a little bit but thats about it. what could be wrong? and how do i fix it? :huh: id appreciate some help. thanks! :D

The actuators are small electric motors the lock and unlock the door internally. They are integrated into the latch mechanism mounted inside the door. Each door contains a $250.00 latch/switch/lock/actuator assembly.

I would personally recommend that you take this vehicle to a LEXUS dealership for quick and thorough diagnosis. If parts are necessary, they will be expensive. If it is simple, consider yourself lucky.

A non-Lexus dealer usually doesn't have the computers used to quickly diagnose the locking system. The average mechanic would have to dissassemble each door and manually check the operation of each latch assembly both mechanically and electrically. The labor alone to dissassemble the doors will probably cost more than all the labor required to diagnose and repair the system using the correct tools. i.e the Lexus handheld tester.

so all 3 locks just stopped working at once? this seems fishy to me.

guy mentioned that each door has its own? which makes 4 per car...correct? Can it be something else? still seems like too much of a coincidence

so all 3 locks just stopped working at once?  this seems fishy to me.

guy mentioned that each door has its own? which makes 4 per car...correct?  Can it be something else? still seems like too much of a coincidence

Reading comprehension owns you <_<

The weird thing is they work when they feel like it...? When i push the lock button (on the key or in the car all the doors except the drivers dont lock. They make a weird buzzing noise, and they look like they want to lock because they move a little bit but thats about it