Who Is Using Michelin Pilot Ltx

I have an 04' LX-470. Just replaced the original Dunlops that came on vehicle. I had read posts stating that Michelin Pilot LTX's were better quality and gave a better ride. As far as ride, I really can't tell difference. New tires and allignment always ride great. Here's something to watch for...I ALMOST paid about $250/tire + balancing, etc. at a Tire Kingdom store. When I saw how the mechanic there was butchering my rear bumper trying to figure out how to get at my spare...I halted the job and took it to JM Lexus in Margate FL. thinking I would pay more, but get it done right by a Lexus mechanic. When I called JM Lexus to check price, they were $225+ balancing / tire!!!! JM explained that they didn't want to lose biz to places like Tire Kingdom stores, so they were competing on price. I prefer a Lexus dealer mechanic working on my car any day over most non-lexus mechanic. Not that there aren't GREAT independent mechanics out there, but there are so many variables and car models, that your odds are better with a mechanic who focuses on your brand...Just my opinion.

Whoever is using michelin pilot ltx tires with their lexus suv, and you comment on them, and how they compare to stock dunlops?

One might want to consider (or at least have a clser look at) these instead of the Michelin. It's the latest technology & check out the treadwear rating. ;)

http://www.toyocanada.com/products/OpenCountryHTEN.html

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
Whoever is using michelin pilot ltx tires with their lexus suv, and you comment on them, and how they compare to stock dunlops?

Realize these aren't the LTXs, but I'm using the Michelin Cross Terrains and extremely happy with them....super quiet and have had them for about 25,000 miles so far....about 1/3 of tread gone and cost about 175 per tire.

Have had the Mich Pilots on my 2004 LX from new and they have done very well. They are quiet and grip well. Wear is not bad for my mileage. Unless I hear of better, I will replace them with the same.

Is there better?