Looking To Buy A Gx470

scottjm

Hi, I just joined this forum as I find these a great source of info to use before purchasing. My brother just bought a 2005 GX 470 and I think it looks great and I am thinking of getting one also. Have owned a couple of 4runners over the years and still have a 2002 as my winter driver and have always loved them so figure this would be even better. Right now I have a Maserati Spyder also, but am tired of sports cars and want to go to having one vehicle for year round driving. Have not been to dealer yet but have played around on the Lexus site and built one. My brother says his has all options but I don't think it has the Sport package as his sticker was about $54,348. The site does not allow to build with sports package, What exactly is the Sports package? and how much? Thanks in advance, Scott

Have been doing some searching here and have read that KDSS was to be added on to 2005's. Would a new one come with that or do you still need the sport package

Have been doing some searching here and have read that KDSS was to be added on to 2005's. Would a new one come with that or do you still need the sport package

I have nmever owned a GX but do know that with the Rx300 you can ANYTHING with anything. Ex: you don't need the coach to get navi. You can pre-order it if you want too. It's EXACTLY like "build your own' on the website. ;)

this was posted by strindl awhile back:

The New Sport Package option is mainly cosmetic, with the exception of KDSS being standard on it. The cosmetic changes with the sport package are:

smoked bezel headlamp and foglamp trim

17 in alloy wheels with dark graphite finish (these are the same as standard except for color)

Dark Graphite finished roof rack

Dark tinted backup lens

Chrome Exhaust Tip

Black Birds Eye Maple interior wood trim

Dark Graphite finish on center instrument panel

Black finish on upper instrument panel

The only other change I noticed was the Bluetooth integration into the Nav/Mark Levinson system.

The power lumbar support is listed as standard on both drivers and passengers seats.

The color choices for both interior and exterior are identical, with the exception of the Black Birds Eye Maple wood trim being offered on the Sport Package.

KDSS, was an available option starting with the 04s. I am not quite sure if it is optional if you get the Sport Package or KDSS is part of the sport package. :whistles:

btw, anyone know if the KDSS problems were fixed?? (leaning) :unsure:

KDSS, was an available option starting with the 04s. I am not quite sure if it is optional if you get the Sport Package or KDSS is part of the sport package.:whistles:

btw, anyone know if the KDSS problems were fixed?? (leaning) :unsure:

I have the KDSS and I have never had a "leaning" problem. I think I have seen only one complaint of "observable" leaning in this forum. Some other people had to use rulers to "see" of they have a "leaning" problem. The benefits of the system FAR outweigh any of these complaints in my opinion. Search for what people think about the performance, and that should tell you this single option redefines the driving experience for the better. If you are looking for an opinion, without a doubt you should get this option. B)

kdss is a must have on the gx. The sport pkg's are all built with it. Next year it will be standard on the gx. improves the ride not only on road but off. A sport pkg GX will have an MSRP of $56,150.

Had been planning on getting a BMW 4.8is but was a little worried about it as dealer had none and really did want to order another car without getting a chance to drive first. So yesterday morning I finally found the time to run over to the Lexus dealer and check one out. Wanted the Sport package, Meridian Blue with the gray interior but all they had or could even locate was with Ivory. When I looked at it I was surprised to find that with the Sport package you got the Black Birds eye and not the golden eye and the top of the dash and doors were also black. Thought the car looked amazing with that contrast. When ordering my Maserati it would have costs thousands more to get those different colors combo's. So looked at car at 9:30 AM made deal then picked up car at 2:00PM. All I can say is, WOW, What an amazing vehicle. First off was so comfortable to drive as i was never able to get into a decent driving position in my spyder and after more than an hour it became painful. The toys are fabulous while I had NAV on the Maserati and BMW before that about all I can say about them was that they turned on. Always heard people on those Forums talk about how the NAV did not compare To Lexus NAV, Now I know now I know what they meant. Not sure how that KDSS works but it sure does, went around a bend at a pretty fast clip and felt like I was driving straight. got rid of my Spyder to avoid tickets and am now thinking may be worse now as it just does not seem like your going that fast until you look down at Speedo