A Nice Blue Light Look

UNCCIs300

I want to have a nice blue color for my daytime driving/ high beam Since the daytime driving lights are running at 50% of high beam light what kind of bulb should I get so that the light still looks blue when its running at 50%, I believe the bulb size for the driving/high beams is 9005 or 9006.... My car is a 01 Is300

I want to have a nice blue color for my daytime driving/ high beam Since the daytime driving lights are running at 50% of high beam light what kind of bulb should I get so that the light still looks blue when its running at 50%, I believe  the bulb size for the driving/high beams is 9005 or 9006.... My car is a 01 Is300

I don't think you'll find a bulb that will look whiter or blue in the DRL mode. You can increase the power to the bulbs by jumpering out the DRL resistor, and get brighter lights, but still they will not be at full high beam power. That would be illegal.

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same idea as you had. i replaced my DRL with some expensive high end 9005 Sylvania lightbulbs, but the results was the same as the stock bulbs, then i got me some blue generic hid look-alikes. and they're still not as hyper white as they should be unless running on full high beam power.

at that time i was trying to replace my front signals to hyperwhite light bulbs, but there are 2 on each side and that would take alot of labor and time to replace them so i just let them be. also i wanted to switch my rear signals to Red LED bulbs for a clean flashing look when signaling but, after a while i just gave up spent too much money on 'lightbulbs" without getting the results that i wanted. you should check out ebay, ther'es a listing in it from someone in great britain, who sells the blue led mods for the dashboard, it looks pretty swell, but must take lots of time to install it.