Brakes Making Horrible Noise

Sbelangia

So after I first put my 20" rims on my car I kinda noticed when it was raining or I had washed my rims I would get this noise I can only compare to a train stopping. REcently it is starting to happen about every other time I use my brakes so i figure it must be something else. I replaced the left side front caliper about 7 months ago and the right side about a week ago. I replaced the brake pads, had the rotors turned, and replaced the hardware kit (the clips that hold the pads in the calipers) about a week ago also. As soon as I left off the brakes the noise quits and it kinda seems like the faster I stop the better it is..kinda gets louder if Im slowing down to stop. I can also hear this noise at low speed that sounds like something rubs about every full rotation of my tire. Anyone else had this problem? I just replaced the water pump, radiator, and alternator a couple weeks ago and I dont want tit to break down on me now----I've got a lot of time in this car but I love it and hope to have it a lot of time... Thanks for any help in advance.

So after I first put my 20" rims on my car I kinda noticed when it was raining or I had washed my rims I would get this noise I can only compare to a train stopping.  REcently it is starting to happen about every other time I use my brakes so i figure it must be something else.  I replaced the left side front caliper about 7 months ago and the right side about a week ago.  I replaced the brake pads, had the rotors turned, and replaced the hardware kit (the clips that hold the pads in the calipers) about a week ago also.  As soon as I left off the brakes the noise quits and it kinda seems like the faster I stop the better it is..kinda gets louder if Im slowing down to stop.  I can also hear this noise at low speed that sounds like something rubs about every full rotation of my tire.  Anyone else had this problem?  I just replaced the water pump, radiator, and alternator a couple weeks ago and I dont want tit to break down on me now----I've got a lot of time in this car but I love it and hope to have it a lot of time...  Thanks for any help in advance.

Did the noise start after you replaced all the pads and turned the rotors or before? (I am not a fan of turning rotors) I would rather have aftermarket rotors than turn oem rotors. Are your pads Lexus oem? If nothing is scraping on a rotor (like the backing plate) and you had the noise before the recent repairs then try this free mod. Cut the bottoms of your rear brake pad shims off with a pair of tin snips. Glue or brake paste them to the pads. This will tilt the pads to the rotors and hopefully stop your noise. This worked for me like magic. Its a Volvo factory recommended fix. This was a last ditch effort I tried after replacing all my pads and rotors with oem parts only to have the same noise. Good luck