400h Tire Pressure Monitoring

I can't find any evidence in the 400h documentation that it has tire pressure monitoring, like on the RX 330.  Is this correct? or does anyone know why it was omitted?

Yeah I didn't see in the manual any mention of tire pressure monitoring. I don't think it is an option on the 400h.

Speculation: Maybe because they changed the suspension system (which must be different than the RX330 because the 400h weighs so much) they couldn't use the RX330's tire pressure monitoring system?

I can't find any evidence in the 400h documentation that it has tire pressure monitoring, like on the RX 330.  Is this correct? or does anyone know why it was omitted?

Similar question, has anybody seen the tire monitoring system (on any RX) "in action" ? How low must the tire be before it gives you a warning ? How does it work ?

Similar question, has anybody seen the tire monitoring system (on any RX) "in action" ? How low must the tire be before it gives you a warning ? How does it work ?

I don't remember who told me (dealer or owners manual) but I believe it is around 3 PSI under will trigger the light.

I do know for a fact that the system works and works well. I was driving on a highway when the light came on. My first thought was that i was low on air, but after thinking that it (the light) should have been on when the tire was cold, I pulled over and found a screw in the passanger rear tire.

I was able to drive to the next service station and have it repaired. (I still cant belive that it costs 53.00 to plug a tire!!!) Something about having to plug from the inside. Tire had to come off the rim and rebalanced.

What would have been really cool would have been if the monitor "told" me what tire was going down!!! :)

5 pds will get it to come on and 10 pounds or more will make it flash. Tire pressure montoring is not an option on the 400h. They will have to add it in for next year. It will be federal law by 2008 on all vehicled under 10k pounds

5 pds will get it to come on and 10 pounds or more will make it flash. Tire pressure montoring is not an option on the 400h. They will have to add it in for next year. It will be federal law by 2008 on all vehicled under 10k pounds

Turn the ignition key on to test the lights on the dash, just below the temp gauge is a little tire with two arrows in it. That's the low pressure warning. There is also a another icon anto skid or anti lock display.

The Icons don't stay long, you may have to do it a couple of times to study the layout.

This is the case with a rx330.. 2004

the 400h does not have a tire pressure monitoring system. The 400h is heavier then the previous 330 so it has a special wheel with a higher load rating. They will have to add it by 2008 to comply with federal laws

the 400h does not have a tire pressure monitoring system. The car has a lighter wheel then the current RX 330 . They left the tire pressure monitoring off to keep it even lighter to make the gas mileage better. They will have to add it by 2008

I don't think it'a a matter of weight. The way it works has to do with the rotation speed of the anti lock sensors. The computer turns on a light if it's different. No gas mileage difference regarding that. Unless the ram in the computer is too low for that feature..

I really wonder if it really works and does not show until there is a problem.

Gas or electric engine won't help when your tire is flat...

Personally I keep 2 cans of flat tie fix and a small compressor with me.

It seems like with all that is done for stability monitoring in the vehicle, they should be able to tell that a tire is acting oddly without much more.

I think so too, I read somewhere (I think in the AAA's Westways mag) that the stability control is based on input from a gyro device (gives the instaneous orientation of the car, that info along with a log of the travel path supposedly can determine whether the car is out of control) and applies braking to the appropriate wheel to correct it.

The tire pressure monitor sys could also be based on some sort orientation measurement (low pressure in one wheel would cause a 'tilt' relative to path of travel).