Buying A Used 2003 "certified" Or Not?

LexKid630

WOW talk about good mileage!! On eBay there's a 2003 es300 with only 3,426 miles on it!! I wich i could get this in an rx300 form

Mileage on a vehicle does not mean anything at all, as long as the vehicle was maintained correctly & driven properly. I'm a little weary actually of buying a vehicle with extremely low mileage for the year........means there have been alot of short trips which is not good for the car. Vehicles are built to be driven, so just find something that has average mileage or 'slightly' below..........not extremely below what it should be, you could be asking for problems. If I saw this vehicle with 3,426 miles compared to one with say 34,260 (10 times the mileage), I'd be more intrested in the higher mileage vehicle personally. Just my 2 cents. ;) B)

:cheers:

Mileage wise.... one thing I forgot to mention - the will not, and CANNOT, certify a Lexus that has over 60k mi. So that's where the mileage comes into play. Maybe you get one with 20-30k mi, and sell it back in a few years with less than 60k mi and they can certify it again (and you may get a better selling price to the dealer). I don't plan on keeping my 02 for ever. Let's see how the 400H runs in its second, third or forth year. Perhaps I will end up buying someone's Certified 400H come 2008.

Mileage wise.... one thing I forgot to mention - the will not, and CANNOT, certify a Lexus that has over 60k mi.  So that's where the mileage comes into play.  Maybe you get one with 20-30k mi, and sell it back in a few years with less than 60k mi and they can certify it again (and you may get a better selling price to the dealer).  I don't plan on keeping my 02 for ever.  Let's see how the 400H runs in its second, third or forth year.  Perhaps I will end up buying someone's Certified 400H come 2008.

So Lexus could certify a car that has 59,999 miles on it?? WOW that's a lot...but as said before; it's just broken it @ 50k miles LOL

if a saturn dealer for example geve me an ectra warranty for a used lexus, who would service it if it were to break? Them!!!?! :censored:

Find out if it's still under furll factory warranty or not. I personally wouldn't buy an RX from a Saturn dealer........if you have to bring the vehicle back, they will have no clue how to fix it. :blink: B)

if a saturn dealer for example geve me an ectra warranty for a used lexus, who would service it if it were to break? Them!!!?! :censored:

Find out if it's still under furll factory warranty or not. I personally wouldn't buy an RX from a Saturn dealer........if you have to bring the vehicle back, they will have no clue how to fix it. :blink: B)

that's exactly what i thought