Rx 330 Factory Tires - Screw Magnets?

SeaDuck79

I've picked up 3 screws in 2 months in my factory Goodyears. Driving patterns, destinations, etc. haven't changed, so it could just be the way the cookie crumbles, or maybe the tread pattern on those is more conducive to welcoming the little buggers than other tires are. The only saving grace is that the tires (3 different ones, natch) stayed inflated for days until we took it to get it fixed.

Has anyone else had this happen to theirs?

It's pure luck of the draw. I've gone for years without picking up screws in my tires and then experienced periods where I'll pick up two inside a month.

Keep in mind that as the weather warms up, the construction industry does too. So you've got more construction trucks driving around losing unsecured hardware (including loose nails and screws) from their overloaded and sloppily-piled cargo areas. Neater construction packers would eventually translate to a lot less debris (and therefore less vehicle damage) on our highways and byways....