Car phone antenna instal

Birdie

The phone had not been used on my 94 LS. I have purchased the sending unit (mounts inside) and the antenna base and antenna form Lexus. There is no dealer in my area. I have spoken to several in other areas and none have serice people who can answer my questions with any confidence.

Where does the antenna mount - on car body or glass? There appears to be an element from the defogger running throught the top centre of the rear window in a logicla position to mount the antenna.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• 7 months later...

Birdie - The original antenna for the LS400 is slightly to the right of the horizontal line you are talking about on the glass. That line is the antenna for the keyless entry system, which is in the glass with the defogger. Be sure that when you install the antenna on the glass you also add some clear silicone around the antenna base to prevent water from going in. Before you install the inside sending unit, look under the headliner near the back window, see if you can find the antenna cable going to the receiver. It is a black cable with threaded connector that connects to the inside sending unit. Once you located see in which direction you are going to place the inside sending unit. Meaning if the connection side goes to the right or left side vertically as I do not know how long the cable is. The inside sending unit, just place right behind the antenna base. The one in my car is to the right vertically.

Hope this helps you.