Brake Pedal Vibrations

mrsel3

Hey,

I have a strange issue. When I am stopped and pressing the brake pedal I feel a vibration under my foot. it is not constant. It lasts for 3 seconds and then goes away for about 5 seconds, and happens again.

Any thoughts or am i just crazy.

Hey,

I have a strange issue. When I am stopped and pressing the brake pedal I feel a vibration under my foot. it is not constant. It lasts for 3 seconds and then goes away for about 5 seconds, and happens again.

It could be the ABS activating. This should not happen unless the streets are wet or there is a chance of an imminent wheel lockup.

By any chance, is your Lexus dealer, "Bay Ridge Lexus".....I noticed that you're in Brooklyn? They have an excellent service dept that could check this out for you.

There is a TSB for the front brakes on the 2002-2003 ES. Original brake rotors and pads were mismatched material and over time the rotors warped and gave a vibration. The TSB replaces the pads and rotors with new that are supposed to be a better match.

Did you ever have this TSB performed?

I had to have it done when I hit 24,000 miles. No problem since then.

How many miles on your clock?

steviej

Hey,

It could be the ABS activating. This should not happen unless the streets are wet or there is a chance of an imminent wheel lockup.

By any chance, is your Lexus dealer, "Bay Ridge Lexus".....I noticed that you're in Brooklyn? They have an excellent service dept that could check this out for you.

the vibration occurs while i am standing still.

Or it could be simply an engine vibration as the A/C compressor cycles on and off (the compressors on other Lexus vehicles don't do this because its too harsh, but the ES does). I get that sometimes and its normal.

Or it could be simply an engine vibration as the A/C compressor cycles on and off (the compressors on other Lexus vehicles don't do this because its too harsh, but the ES does). I get that sometimes and its normal.

I don't get any harshness when the compressor cycles on or off......in fact I was amazed by how imperceptibly it is at these cycling's. Sometimes when I'm listening for this, the only way is to look at the tachometer for a small fluctuation of the needle.....but it doesn't affect the idle smoothness in the least.

Maybe my being able to notice it comes from having spent so much time in the LS where the compressor doesn't cycle.

Does this mean that the compressor always runs on the LS regardless of the settings on the climate control? Is there a switch that you can turn off the compressor like there is on an ES? :blink: