Rx300 - Coach?

hmcmcd

I recently purchased a 2002 RX300 from a Lexus dealership who told me while I was looking that the leather was made by Coach. Is there a way to tell from the interior if this is true (maybe by the VIN number)?

I recently purchased a 2002 RX300 from a Lexus dealership who told me while I was looking that the leather was made by Coach.  Is there a way to tell from the interior if this is true (maybe by the VIN number)?

Is the leather preferated? or is it uniformed flat like normal skin?

1: I have a 2003 coach rx300. On the average rx, the paint it 2 tone; x color on the upper half, and a grayish x color on the bottom half. On the coach's the paint is all 1 tone; ex i have ALL gold (ewwww)..LOL

2: The coach leather is perforated; meaning there are tiny holes (dah). This is supposedly better???

3: Also the word "COACH" is planted just about everywhere in and out the car. It's on the floor mats, headrests, outside on the front fender and sometimes on the bumper??? I wouldn't know; i had to have my bumper replaced b/c i backed up into a pole :P

4: The front grille is different with the coach. It has a bunch of holes and it's a darker chrome color. Sort of looks like a bees nest w/o the hexagonal shapes.....

5: If your interior color is ivory, the wood on the steering wheel and everywhere else, is a lighter color compared to the standard dark color.

6: Depending on which car you have, it might also have more options such as navi etc. standard.

Besides these things, the coach is the SAME as the standard rx! I bought a coach thinking there was SOMETHING better about it but i was wrong! This coach has been the most troubling rx i have ever owned!! But i'm sure it's just mine b/c everyone else seems to think they are the best....Good luckkkk

coach had the perforated leather , black pearl badges and the signature floor mats

Is the "coach" the same as the "silversport" or are they just different production years? When I bought my 2001 RX300 last year, I was told it was a silversport. It has perforated leather & a different style grille.

i thought the silversport supposedly had a "eurotuned" suspension too...

coach had the perforated leather , black pearl badges and the signature floor mats

Is the "coach" the same as the "silversport" or are they just different production years? When I bought my 2001 RX300 last year, I was told it was a silversport. It has perforated leather & a different style grille.