Door Handle

I had a previous post regarding the alarm going off when key is inserted in driver's door (thanks for the input). Recently the drives side exterior handle seems to be hanging up, kind of "binding" when you pull up on it. Has anyone out there experienced this problem and / o r know what's causing this?

Are new door handles difficult to replace?

I've replaced one on my 88 Jaguar and swore I would never do it again.

I'm hoping that since the Lexus is a better engineered car that replacement or repair of the door handle shouldn't be too difficult.

Also, if a new door handle is needed any suggestions other than the dealer?

Many thanks for any help. B)

After one or two started squeeking and sticking, all the door handles were replaced free on my 90 LS in about 1994-5 even though (I think) the basic warranty had expired. When a friend in the U.K. told me in 1998 that his early LS had a similar problem, he asked me to price the handles at a U.S. dealer - they were $135 each in in Oct 1998 (I still have the related e-mails). Apparently it is a common problem.

I had a previous post regarding the alarm going off when key is inserted in driver's door (thanks for the input). Recently the drives side exterior handle seems to be hanging up, kind of "binding" when you pull up on it. Has anyone out there experienced this problem and / o r  know what's causing this?

I'm hoping that since the Lexus is a better engineered car that replacement or repair of the door handle shouldn't be too difficult.

Lexus has a problem with their Drivers door handles. Mine broke a few years ago and I replaced it. Just this week a spring broke in the latch and that was a nightmare to fix. Both times the handle felt weird the weeks before the failures. Best case scenario just spray some WD40 into the latch. Most likely you need a new handle, they have the highest failure rate.

I had a previous post regarding the alarm going off when key is inserted in driver's door (thanks for the input). Recently the drives side exterior handle seems to be hanging up, kind of "binding" when you pull up on it. Has anyone out there experienced this problem and / o r  know what's causing this?

Lexus has a problem with their Drivers door handles. Mine broke a few years ago and I replaced it. Just this week a spring broke in the latch and that was a nightmare to fix. Both times the handle felt weird the weeks before the failures. Best case scenario just spray some WD40 into the latch. Most likely you need a new handle, they have the highest failure rate.

Replacing it isnt too bad if you can do that sort of work. There might be a tutorial on this site since they all break eventially.