Towing A Trailer

I currently own a '95 SC400. I am moving cross country and wanted rent a trailer to move everything. My goal is to sell all my furniture and move the basics. I plan to rent the smallest trailer from Uhaul. The manual states the car can handle 1,600 lbs.

Has anyone towed anything, how does the car handle the weight? Any advice, since this will be such a long trip, I want to make sure I cover all my bases before I go.

THANKS!

Since no one with an SC400 is answering you, I will tell you about my towing experiences with a 1990 LS400 which is of course has a similar engine and is about the same weight. I towed a 4' x 8' utility trailer many times over 10 years - loaded with gardening supplies, building materials for home projects, ladders, appliances, etc. I loaded it to a gross weight of over 1500 lbs. many times. Towing this small trailer with the LS was effortless and I had to remind myself that the trailer was back there. The engine was so powerful, I really could not tell that a trailer was back there. Of course I towed mobile homes for a living when I was a kid (35 years ago!) so towing doesn't bother me at all.

If Reese or one of the other majors does not have a ready built hitch for an SC4, you might be faced with having a hitch fabricated. Total cost of non-custom hitch, and installation of the hitch and wiring will likely be $200 - $300.