Car Hesitates And Stalls When Accelerator Is Pushe

xmanpike

This just started happening. When I am very gentle with the accelerator the car runs perfectly, but if you try to say pass someone on the freeway or start off a little bit more quickly than normal the car lurches and you go nowhere, the check engine light comes on briefly and then once the rpms have come down you can drive again normally if you are smooth with the accelerator. Anyone have any idea what is causing this? I just recently got this car form my step mom and it has 104,000 and is a 94 ls400. I'm sure it was not taken care of properly and have already replaced the air filter and just go a fuel filter for it that I'm going to put in also. The car needs brakes too, I saw a how to on lexls, but can anyone give me an estimate in price for brakes and rotors? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Have you had the codes retreived? If not, visit your local Advance Auto Parts or Autozone store and ask to borrow the code reader. (FREE) The codes will help narrow down the problem.

In regards to your brakes and rotors, you can always call the Lexus dealer and ask for a quote.

Have you had the codes retreived? If not, visit your local Advance Auto Parts or Autozone store and ask to borrow the code reader. (FREE) The codes will help narrow down the problem.

In regards to your brakes and rotors, you can always call the Lexus dealer and ask for a quote.

Please join in this thread:

"My Car shudders when idle" started by PK_Lex

A couple of other people are reporting the same problem. One of us will find the source. If you do read the codes as suggested by above, please do share on this forum. Thanks.