Replacing Ac Compressor

I have a 95 GS300 that I am about to give to my little bro, but I am getting everything repaired that was wrong with the car. . .

I need to find an AC compressor and replace that, is this something that I can tackle myself? or will the dealer have the necessary tools to do this.

Also one of my rims is cracked and need to find a new one, where can I get a stock rim for less than 600? which is what the dealer is trying to charge me

Ebay for the rim, and yes, you'll have to take it to a licensed shop for the AC work. You can find a compressor on EBay cheaper. However, you'll usually get no warranty through the shop on parts you purchased elsewhere. <_< Find out what their warrantu is and decide what's the best deal for you.

I agree with Turbo on the a/c compressor. In California you can't purchase R12 or R134 (freon) unless you're a licesned repair shop. You can't just remove the compressor & install a replacement. The freon has to be recycled because it destroys the ozone & you need special equipment for this process. Also if freon gets in your eyes it will make you blind. Have a licensed shop perform the repairs.

Thanks guys, I have a body shop fixing a few things with betsy now. . . Once that is done I am going to have slotted rotors put in since the rotors are warped. I love that car, but my little bro loves it even more. . .I don't think that my mom is going to be happy with her barely 17 year old son driving around in a GS to high school, :whistles: ,, lol. . . oh well, if I had an older bro I would want the same thing if he could do it. . .