Front Lens Removal

Hi again...

Since the last 3 days I parked the gs directly in the sun to help evaporate the inside condensation, but it didn't seem to work, Now my next move is to try to remove the front passenger lens and see what i will (can) do to repair this situation.

Can we slip open these lens to go wipe the inside ???

How would you consider this job : easy, medium-hard or P.I.T.A. ???

Is there some of you, who did fix this problem with good result, or should I just go buy an other brand new lens ??? I understand they are quite expensive.

If some of you came out with good result, what kind of sealer did you use and where was your faulty area (top, outside side, inside side, under) ????

Dantheman :whistles:

Well Just went to check the lens...

and wasn't able to figure out how to remove the lens assembly whitout

having to remove the from bumber...

Am I wright ???

And even worst, I 've not been able to figure out how to remove

the main bulb in HID system to make evaporation faster.

Can someone please give me some instruction on this one.

Dantheman :wacko:

try putting sliver foil over the front the lens with the lights on,that will reflect the heat back into the headlight and should dry it out in less than a minute..

On my mk1 the front lens are plastic and do come off,but there sealed with some sort of sealant,the seal on yours must be leaking,if you can remove the lens,just seal it back up using bathroom sealant.

Good luck..

cheers chips..

try putting sliver foil over the front the lens with the lights on,that will reflect the heat back into the headlight and should dry it out in less than a minute..

On my mk1 the front lens are plastic and do come off,but there sealed with some sort of sealant,the seal on yours must be leaking,if you can remove the lens,just seal it back up using bathroom sealant.

Good luck..

cheers chips..

Be careful that you don't melt the plastic lens with this suggestion (I have no experience with doing this, but I'd expect quite a lot of heat will be generated). Start with only a few seconds with the lights on to make sure that you don't create a bigger problem...

HI again...

Well I did try the silver foil over the lens and after 4-5 minutes there was no signifiant result.

So I tried the hair blower method, I set it at low temperature (after been able to figure out how to remove the main bulb back cover) and removing one small light from the side small lens (that communicate internally) and after 20-25 minutes, both lens were desert dry. Now the only thing left to do (on a later day) will be to reseal these lens again.

I spent almost all the weekend on the car : washing/waxing outside, vacuum, leather ointment, front lens scratches removal, sanding/cleaning/painting caliper (gold), cleaning/installing summer wheels.

The inside is not finish yet : more treatment on the leather, window, and carpet.

Tomorrow I must go get my mustang from winter storage (that i must put for sale, too many car in the driveway) : the lady just call me today to come get my car out of way, so other can get their car out aswell.

And this week will be the bike's turn to do : registration (325$), insurance (150$) and spring preparation. (cleaning mostly and new front tire needed )

Dantheman :wacko: