Received The Call Yesterday For Rx400h...april 18

pfang56

Dear Owners:

Finally received the call yesterday in regards to the RX400h (no Rear DVD), for delivery on April 18th. It looks like they were delayed by 3 days (April 15th), so it's not too bad. The MSRP was confirmed, although honestly the dealer didn't know if the car had the laser guided cruise control.

Of course, worse for me, was that they only had white available in its first 14 units, so I'm going to need to wait for the second shipment (in early May) for my wife's color preference. Oh well.

So now, our future "trade-in" 99 RX300 will have to sit in the garage for another few weeks in its current pristine condition...but the dealer mentioned they could take the trade-in earlier once they get the VIN of the new car.

Later,

Peter

Of course, worse for me, was that they only had white available in its first 14 units, so I'm going to need to wait for the second shipment (in early May) for my wife's color preference. Oh well.

Do I understand correctly: your dealer is getting 14 units of White? How strange. From the Rx330's I've seen, that doesn't seem that popular a color to get so many.

My dealer called to day and I've got a VIN number! Hooray! :D

It doesn't have the rear DVD but we've decided we don't want that after all.

They expect to have it a few days after the official April 18 release date.

For those who want the rear DVD, I'm told it is in only 20% of the builds. Getting it in our color would push availablilty out until May or June.

Last year i put my name on on the waiting list....They said they weren't sure when it was going to be in, sometime in april or may. May is my guess considering the options i want, and color.

My dealer as well said that the color (blue) with ALL the options available including rear DVD etc. would be rare and not made soon. Since i told them early they said it should be in asap. I'm not totally sure when it should be in; i cant wait!! :)