The Antenna Of My Sc400 Won't Retract Help Please

I recently had problems with the speakers in my car. I took out the cd changer and the amplifier and cleaned out the connectors, and now everything works fine. But the problem is that the antenna won't retract when I turn off the car, or turn off the radio. I'm positive that the antenna is connected to the audio deck, and that the antenna motor is still working.

Is there any other possible reason that this could be happening? Does anyone else have this problem?

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED! THANK YOU MUCH! :cheers:

you can replace the mast. the plastic "wire" in the mast breaks causing it not to work, even when the motor is functioning ok. lexus has a new mast for about $45.00. someone said that pep boys has a toyota replacement for about $25.00.

hope this helps.

I recently had problems with the speakers in my car.  I took out the cd changer and the amplifier and cleaned out the connectors, and now everything works fine.  But the problem is that the antenna won't retract when I turn off the car, or turn off the radio.  I'm positive that the antenna is connected to the audio deck, and that the antenna motor is still working. 

Is there any other possible reason that this could be happening?  Does anyone else have this problem? 

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!  THANK YOU MUCH! :cheers:

I had the same problem. Bought an antenna mast from Ebay for $15.00. Opened the antenna motor, got broken pieces of the cable that controls up/down direction, lubed it, put everything back together and inserted cable as instructed. Works like new!

• 3 weeks later...

I've inspected the mast and it's not the mast itself. Usually when the mast breaks you should be able to manually push the mast down. Maybe not all the way down, but none the less it should retract atleast a little. I'm thinking it may be crossed circuits or something. If there's any other advice out there, please help THANKS!

I recently had problems with the speakers in my car.  I took out the cd changer and the amplifier and cleaned out the connectors, and now everything works fine.  But the problem is that the antenna won't retract when I turn off the car, or turn off the radio.  I'm positive that the antenna is connected to the audio deck, and that the antenna motor is still working. 

Is there any other possible reason that this could be happening?  Does anyone else have this problem? 

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!  THANK YOU MUCH! :cheers:

I had the same problem and it is the nylon toothed cable that goes into the antenna motor. If your antenna motor is running, it's the mast that has to be replaced. You can't push the antenna down because the cable is limiting movement. You will have to take the motor apart to remove the broken piece of cable before installing the new mast. It is not difficult to do and less than $20.00 if you get your mast on ebay as I did. The seller on ebay provides detailed instructions with the mast. It is easy to follow and no special tools needed. I did it and now it works great, just like new. :)

Flashjet