Doing My Own Oil Change On Gs400

Hello,

I recently bought my first Lexus, a GS400. I have done oil changes on all my cars, but I am unfamiliar with this car. Any replies from those who have done it would be helpful.

MTBoy

Hey just as stated by the other members it's pretty easy. I use Mobil 1 but I use a oversized filter. I'm currently using a Napa Gold 1515 and it allows me to fill with a full 7 qts with it ending up a little less than 1/8" over full..Enjoy the ride.....

What is the benefit of this oversized filter and extra oil?Is it really worth the extra cost?

Oversized Filters

One of the things people are interested in is going to a larger filter. Why? With a larger filter you can increase your oil capacity (volume) as well as the surface area and cooling of the filter. Both will help your engine's lubrication system to run a little more efficiently. When it comes to racing, this is important, every little last bit helps. "Why would [insert manufacturer name here] *not* use a larger filter if it needed it?" There are many reasons for a manufacturer to pick a supplier or design- application, cost, availability, trade restrictions, and so on. Most manufacturers pick a filter design and stick with it as long as they can and cross as many models as they can.