Hid And Tires

blue400

hi, i just installed a phillips 6000k hid system into my car( i have a 91 Ls400) and on the right its is very white, but on the left it is very yellow. does any one know what the problem is? and also can i put different brand hid globes onto the system?......

one more thing i have 235/35/18 on all four wheels, i was wondering if i can go any wider on the rear?

thanks

Well, HID lamps go yellow when thy're about to go bad. What brand was your upgrade kit? Try taking the bulb out and seeing what color it is on its own, try switching the bulbs side to side and see if its just that lamp that is yellow, or the bulb itself.

Could be buildup in the lamp.

Nope, not that I know of.

The kit is a bulb retrofit that replaces the 9004 bulb, it also includes a ballast that powers the stystem/ "6000k" is the color temperature, that is, the color the bulb gives off. All stock systems are 4100k, 6000 is more purple, 8000 even more so, hell they even have 12000k units out there. Anything over 6000 is useless though, they coat the bulbs making them give off less light.

actually there is an aftermarket clear headlamp. i seen it on another lexus forum freakin nice!!! but too expensive...i think i remember the guy said it cost around $1000 to import it here to the USA atleast.

post-4-1056614677.jpg