Couple Questions

What is this light in the guage cluster for? I was thinking at first that its telling me that a tail light or front end light is out but I checked them all and they are fine.

guagelight.jpg

Also, does Chilton or Haynes make a good repair manual for a 94 ES300?

What is this light in the guage cluster for?  I was thinking at first that its telling me that a tail light or front end light is out but I checked them all and they are fine.

guagelight.jpg

Also, does Chilton or Haynes make a good repair manual for a 94 ES300?

maybe you're hi beams are on

lexusk8 said in my other thread that its a "city light" or something that is on Canadian made vehicles. But I know the car was sold new to the person who owned it before me. And it's speedometer is primarily MPH so I don't think it's Canadian...

Just another "iddiot light."  ;)

blake,

that would be "idiot" :D :lol: :P

speedshift,

I take it the car did not come with a manual. If not, register yourself under the owners section of lexus.com and you can request a free one, or call 1-800-25-LEXUS, press 4 for customer service and then request one there.

steviej

blake,

that would be "idiot"    :D  :lol:  :P

I know...a little joke! :lol: And, I was actually that 'iddiot' once-I forgot to turn on the headlights. :blushing: Luckily, I caught it before I got out of my neighborhood.

Just another "iddiot light."  ;)

blake,

that would be "idiot" :D :lol: :P

speedshift,

I take it the car did not come with a manual. If not, register yourself under the owners section of lexus.com and you can request a free one, or call 1-800-25-LEXUS, press 4 for customer service and then request one there.

steviej

actually it did come with a manual.. and even an extra key and the one thats shaped like a credit card. but in the manual is has that light listed as an indicator for a bulb being burnt out.. so i knew my manual was messed up because theres that other indicator on the right side of the speedo for that.

Chilton or Haynes does not print a service manual for the 94 ES. You can either buy the manuals (there are probably two volumes) from Lexus or elsewhere, or you can buy the Haynes manual for the 92-96 Camry. This will cover most of the basic maintenance and repair work.

Hmm... you mentioned before that you checked the front end lights, but did you also check the parking lights and fog (driving) lights too? Also that sensor is actually very sensitive, sometimes it will light up when a bulb is getting close to the end of its life instead of it coming when the bulb is dead. Check the connections with all the bulbs and make sure they're not lose, and/or pull out the bulbs to make sure the filament is still in good shape. I think it was Blake that had a problem with his "rear taillamp failure" indicator coming on, but the taillights were fine. He ended up just changing all of the tail light bulbs and the taillamp failure sensor went off.

Hmm... you mentioned before that you checked the front end lights, but did you also check the parking lights and fog (driving) lights too?  Also that sensor is actually very sensitive, sometimes it will light up when a bulb is getting close to the end of its life instead of it coming when the bulb is dead.  Check the connections with all the bulbs and make sure they're not lose, and/or pull out the bulbs to make sure the filament is still in good shape.  I think it was Blake that had a problem with his "rear taillamp failure" indicator coming on, but the taillights were fine.  He ended up just changing all of the tail light bulbs and the taillamp failure sensor went off.

Yeah, I checked everything. But I think it's just an idiot light like others mentioned here or in another thread just to let you know your headlights are on.

Is anyone else able to leave your headlight switch on all the time? When I shut the car off the lights stay on, but as soon as the drivers door opens the lights turn off.

Yup my ES has the auto headlight off feature too. That feature is quite useful because me being a dummy I occasionally forget to turn off the headlights. That feature has saved me from a dead battery a few times. You can override the feature though by simply turning off the headlights and removing your key from the ignition, opening the door and turning on your headlights on again.