Rx400h Info From Dealership

RX400h

Today I spoke to the salesguy at the Lexus dealership to which we submitted a deposit last April. He explained that at least initially, there will be only two packages available - with the DVD entertainment package and without the package. Everything else is included - meaning Mark Levinson and heated seats, I presume.

I asked him if he was going to be getting a test-driver 400h any time soon and he replied that the first 400 we drive will be the one we can buy. The expected number of 400s coming in is 5 per month, but we can conceivably be offered ours a bit early if our color is not selected by anyone else above us in the master list.

As a side note, I test-drove a Toyota Prius today and as SW mentioned, it is a great economy car but is NOT a luxury car. Road and engine noise is typical of a lightweight economy car. We also took a look at the Highlander hybrid costs. These will be offered in both 2 and 4-wheel drive options and are $5000 above similarly-equipped Highlanders, although non-hybrid highlanders are not available with GPS. Lower-priced Highlander hybrids will not have the GPS and the most expensive Highlander hybrid will run $43,000. The low-end versions with no GPS can be had for $36,000.

Very consistent with the information from my dealer in Michigan.  In case you missed my post, here is the link.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ndpost&p=117197

The way I look at it is that I can buy two laptops with headphones and extra batteries for the same cost as the DVD entertainment package. The big advantage of having the laptops for long trips is that you can take them anywhere else as well - hence, my choice of NO entertainment system.

The way I look at it is that I can buy two laptops with headphones and extra batteries for the same cost as the DVD entertainment package. The big advantage of having the laptops for long trips is that you can take them anywhere else as well - hence, my choice of NO entertainment system.

I agree with your position on the rear DVD player. My luck, the one out of eight that comes with it will be the only one with my favorite color choice! We'll see ...

I agree with your position on the rear DVD player.  My luck, the one out of eight that comes with it will be the only one with my favorite color choice!  We'll see ...

My salesperson told me that he thought no one else (higher-up on the list) picked my color! Now THAT would be convenient. I guess I'll be finding out how well the Mark Levinson stereo sounds and how quickly the heated seats reach the comfort zone. The excitement builds.....

I agree with your position on the rear DVD player. My luck, the one out of eight that comes with it will be the only one with my favorite color choice! We'll see ...

Greetings,

Does the rear DVD sound go into the car's sound system? If yes and you want to

listen to a movie or a an audio DVD, could you do as well with a non-Lexus

DVD player system?

Sincerely,

Bill Thomas

Greetings,

Does the rear DVD sound go into the car's sound system? If yes and you want to

listen to a  movie or a an audio DVD, could you do as well with a non-Lexus

DVD player system?

Sincerely,

Bill Thomas

Good question, Bill. Perhaps someone who has a DVD entertainment system can answer that one?