Palm Bluetooth Phonebook Transfer - Easy

bleaming

If you have a Palm Tungstun with bluetooth it is very easy to create a contact list - use category LEXUS.

Connect your Palm just as you would telephone and transfer - Voila - no you have your phone list and can used the V710 with ease.

can you actually use those Tungstens as a phone??? Because with the BLuetooth in them, I'm wondering why you need Bluetooth on a PDA(except the Treo 650)! :whistles: :unsure:

As far as I know, there is no phone adaptor for the Tungstun series.  It comes in handy on the Palm to send documents, contacts, programs, etc. to another Palm, computer or to a printer.  There are lots of uses.

oh, you mean using the bluetooth to transfer files, documents, etc.. from the PDA to the computer (if the computer has bluetooth thing)??? I've really always wondered why PDAs, like the Tungsten and Zire 72 have bluetooth in them when they aren't phones like the Treo 650. I guess i know why now! :D :rolleyes:

Bluetooth is also an easy way to use a PDA on the Internet through a cheap USB Bluetooth "thingy" plugged into a PC. A Bluetooth PDA has entertaining ability called commonly called "Bluesnarfing". While waiting for my wife's luggage at the airport each Thursday night, I can use my PDA to view the contents of the Bluetooth phones of the people standing there with me. More fun than using the airport's WiFi to surf the net. Make your Bluetooth phones nondiscoverable!

Make your Bluetooth phones nondiscoverable!

how do u do that, keep the bluetooth headset off??

I was not talking about Bluetooth "headsets" - only Bluetooth "handsets" - the actual phone.

A few weeks ago a co-worker (let's call her SARAH! for the benefit of another co-worker who reads this forum) was showing me her new Nokia phone. I asked her if her phone had Bluetooth and she asked "What is Bluetooth?". I pulled out my Dell Bluetooth/WiFi PDA and found that her phone was "discoverable" by both paired and unpaired devices and that this was the default setting.

I assume that Sarah's phone must have a setting (like my PDA) to allow her phone to be discoverable and paired only with previously paired (with a password) Bluetooth devices. Instead of changing her phone settings so her phone would be discoverable only by previously paired devices, Sarah instead complete turned off Bluetooth in the settings and said that she would never want to use it anyway.

I don't know how wireless Bluetooth "headsets" pair with Bluetooth handsets - I assume the headsets pair to a phone with a password or identifying key so that a headset picks up only your own phone.

Make your Bluetooth phones nondiscoverable!

how do u do that, keep the bluetooth headset off??

I was not talking about Bluetooth "headsets" - only Bluetooth "handsets" - the actual phone.

A few weeks ago a co-worker (let's call her SARAH! for the benefit of another co-worker who reads this forum) was showing me her new Nokia phone. I asked her if her phone had Bluetooth and she asked "What is Bluetooth?". I pulled out my Dell Bluetooth/WiFi PDA and found that her phone was "discoverable" by both paired and unpaired devices and that this was the default setting.

I assume that Sarah's phone must have a setting (like my PDA) to allow her phone to be discoverable and paired only with previously paired (with a password) Bluetooth devices. Instead of changing her phone settings so her phone would be discoverable only by previously paired devices, Sarah instead complete turned off Bluetooth in the settings and said that she would never want to use it anyway.

I don't know how wireless Bluetooth "headsets" pair with Bluetooth handsets - I assume the headsets pair to a phone with a password or identifying key so that a headset picks up only your own phone.

so if the bluetooth is on, anyone with bluetooth or WiFi on their PDA can retrieve my contacts and other stuffs?? (this is interesting becuz my bluetooth is always on)

No, you are at risk only if your phone settings allow it to be discovered and used by a non-paired device. Forget my "WiFi" comment - I threw that comment in since my PDA can connect to devices via both Bluetooth and WiFi - even at the same time.

I'll bet that your phone's owners manual covers this topic in depth.