Prices On Extended Warranty

what is a good price for an extended warranty for an 01GS430 with 50k miles?  Thanks

All depends on the type of coverage you are looking for. There are many different types.... most extended warranty companies have 3 or 4 different levels of coverage. Also, how many years and how many miles? Try to get the manufacture extended warranty or one sold from Lexus. Also, "0" dedutable is good. Most don't charge that much more for the "O" dedutable. For something reputable, you will pay over $1000.00. You get what you pay for, but do your homework and compare. First decide what you really need as far as years, miles, and level of coverage. Hope this helps.

;)

I was looking for a 3-4 year warranty coverage bumper to bumper.  I will try to get some quotes from area dealers

Bumper to bumper with 50k+ miles? Well over $1000. My personal opinion is that extended warranties are not worth it - new or used. ;)

Yes, that is a big question, Are extended warranties worth it? I have purchased them , but have only once, recovered more than I paid for the coverage. Now, looking back, I did have piece of mind for major repairs, but still question my judgement for purchasing them after the warrenties were up. I guess its like anyother insurance policy, we seldom recupe the monies we spend, but it is somethimes comforting to know we are covered. (provided its a reputable company.) I have found manufacture warranties are usually better than after market, less hassel when you have a claim.

what is a good price for an extended warranty for an 01GS430 with 50k miles?  Thanks

I just bought a 01 GS430, 62K Cinabar, black leather interior from a dealer (Not a Lexus dealer). They had two extended warranty plans they wanted to roll me into. The coverage was basically the same on both plans, the least expensive with $300.00 deductible was still over $2000.00. I passed. I have purchased extended warranty plans in the past, never even came close to equaling the amount of premiums in repairs. (Of course, the sure fire way to really need an extended warranty plan is not to buy one :)

There are a number of items covered by Lexus to at least 70,000 miles. Power train, emissions and corrosion protection. I would check with Lexus about your car before I committed.

Good Luck

Bill

i was quoted 2985 for a 4/50k 

3/36k 2379

2/100k 1785

This was from Pohanka Lexus in Virginia

I was told that if I did not use the warranty for the 3 or 4 year warranties the money would be refunded....

Boy, they are sure expensive on a Lexus. Guess I am used to Ford & Jeep. I would read the fine print when they tell you that your money will be refunded....

Usually its a sliding scale. Have never heard of one that refunds ALL your money. I had one tell me something similiar, and turns out, they would discount the price of the extended warranty, towards the purchase of a new car.... In other words, I would have to purchase a new car to get the refund, and it would be taken off the price of the new car. ;)

Just food for thought.....