A/c Problem, Light Blinking, No Cold Air

was driving home today when the a/c light started blinking intermetintly, the blower was still working but air was not cold, i tried pushing the button but it did nothing, light went solid again and air got cold , then a few minutes later it failed again and light stayed blinking.

How do I fix this? I'm going to check the refrigerant levels to make sure its not a low pressure switch. What else

Thanks,

Mike

was driving home today when the a/c light started blinking intermetintly, the blower was still working but air was not cold, i tried pushing the button but it did nothing, light went solid again and air got cold , then a few minutes later it failed again and light stayed blinking. 

How do I fix this?  I'm going to check the refrigerant levels to make sure its not a low pressure switch.  What else

Thanks,

Mike

possibly the belt. if the serpentine belt slips, the light will blink. this belt powers your A/C and alternator. ( i think your power steering is a separate belt...depends on year). it may work fine for the load the alternator puts on it. but as soon as you turn on your A/C, the belt slips.

its very easy, takes 15 mins to change it if you have never even picked up a wrench before.

Check if the refrigerant is low. Turn a/c on to max cold & check for air bubbles in sight glass under the hood in the front of the engine area. On 1st generation ES's a plugged or malfunctioning expansion valve was common. The valve is located behind the dash & attached to the evaporator.