Aftermarket Cd Players

pierce1

Since I can't get a aftermart CD Changer put in my 92 ls 400 (audio persons) said they couldn't because of the gas tank being behind the seat. I am thinking about getting a aftermark cd player. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good cd player. Also I came across a Pyle brand that had a cd player / cassette player, combination unit PYLE PLCDCS200 - 1 1/2 Din AM/FM-MPX Cassette & CD Player w/Flip Down Face anyone heard of this brand and if so is it any good.

Any help in my stereo delima is appreciated. P. S. I checked the circuit city sites and they listed no stereos that would fit.

This is the second time I've heard of someone not being able to get a CD changer in the trunk. It's just not the case - you can get it installed at any number of major electronics retailers. Check around. I've installed a Pioneer 6 disc changer with FM modulator and really like the performance. Just need to find a better place for the display.

hey fellow LS owner

some of the members here have been extremely helpful in my same quest(-ion) haha... i would check out www.LexLS.com great site with tutorial on installing the deck.... also has link to place that sells install kit... now contiuning on wat 92Lex has said... also another member that knows a lil bit about car audio.... what the audio place said was bs and what curcit city's website says is not dependable... with a correct install kit you should be able to put in any 1 din standard deck... i personally like alpine... for numerous reasons.... eclpise not soo much but they do make good stuff... just personal preference... also panasonic makes good decks for the mid to higher level decks... song makes good garden variety decks... they kinda look rediculous with the xplod symbol everywhere... i personally dont like sony's xplod line... other stuff from them are good... no experience with kenwood... but i hear good things... i would stay away from pyle they make cheap stuff for a reason... the quality is not up to par with any decent brand...

anyways if u do get a whole new deck please remember that the old 6 cd changer will NOT work with the new deck... for reasons known to me... i think someone mentioned how the plug from the cd changer sends out a signal that only the OEM stereo can read... but besides that its all personal preference... to get an idea for aftermarket decks... dont visit circuit city or best buy... take care of your ride... and research ahead... and go to a car audio only store... if anything good guys... talk to some of the guys there in car audio section... also remember everyone has preferences that they lean towards... so try and build a preference based on your own feelings

-joe