Rx300 Window Tint

rodge

Hello-

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried a search and didn't find what I need. Anyway, I have a black 2003 RX300. I love the vehicle but I'm not a fan of the reflective tint.

I know that the reflective tint cannot be removed, but what I'm wondering is if I have black tint put on over the reflective tint will it look OK? Has anybody done this, and if so, what percentage would look best? I've also heard that putting more tint on can tone down the reflectivity of the factory tint, which wouldn't be a bad thing. I would like to tone that down and also increase the privacy for the cargo area and back seat.

I appreciate any help and advice. Thanks!!

Hello-

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried a search and didn't find what I need.  Anyway, I have a black 2003 RX300.  I love the vehicle but I'm not a fan of the reflective tint. 

I know that the reflective tint cannot be removed, but what I'm wondering is if I have black tint put on over the reflective tint will it look OK?  Has anybody done this, and if so, what percentage would look best?  I've also heard that putting more tint on can tone down the reflectivity of the factory tint, which wouldn't be a bad thing.  I would like to tone that down and also increase the privacy for the cargo area and back seat. 

I appreciate any help and advice.  Thanks!!

If you add a darker tint percentage over the top of the factory mirror tint, it will make it almost ompossible to see into, but it will not nessecarily tode down the look of the factory tint. the factory tint is 15% i believe, so say you put 5% over it. it would make the reflection stand out more outside, but inside it woudl be dark. i say go for it.

• 4 weeks later...
I do like the reflective tint and was wondering if you can ADD it to the front windows? And if so where can it be done at?

sure, who not?? any tint place would do it.

I do like the reflective tint and was wondering if you can ADD it to the front windows? And if so where can it be done at?

sure, who not?? any tint place would do it.

I wasn't sure if they'd be able to match it exactly. I'll call a buddy that I know who owns a shop, maybe he can point me in the right direction.

check with your local police station to verify the darkness of  tint that is legal on your front windows in your sate.

uh oh, if talking about legality, k5chevyblaze won't be able to get legal tint for his RX. but i suggest tint that is about 50% will still be clear to police for them to see you.

• 2 weeks later...
check with your local police station to verify the darkness of  tint that is legal on your front windows in your sate.

uh oh, if talking about legality, k5chevyblaze won't be able to get legal tint for his RX. but i suggest tint that is about 50% will still be clear to police for them to see you.

I am not so much worried about the legality part of it, I know it isnt legal unless it comes from the factory tinted. but hell most of my other vehicles arent 100% street legal either. That is why it is nice to have a sheriff neighbor 3 houses down that will sign off ANY fix it ticket. :cheers: