Sirius Radio Install

Matthew_McNally

The owner of this car posts on a technical forum I am a memer of.

This was BMW's idea of a standard Sirius install!

gallery_603_83_1110054252.jpg

he's since kicked up a fuss, and chewed them out - the antenna is now on theparcel shelf.

but damn - this tells you a lot about BMW dealers!

Who on earth would sign off on that, and give to a customer?

someone actually thought "yeah! thats a great job - give the customer his keys back ;)"

Lexus' install is no better. They put the antenna on the side of the trunk lid.

In all fairness the only way to get the BEST reception is to do it like that. The antenna is supposed to have 6" of metal on all sides. Mine's on my rear parcel shelf too though lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is what it is for now They'll make improvements in the antenna to appease the people who base it all on appearances.

The new antenna is an improvement on the the old one. The new one is much smaller and magnetic based. The old one was real bulky looking and they put adhesive to mount it to the trunk.

I dont think they're ugly at all, makes them blend into the car so that you dont notice it.

I think I know the car you mean, a red SC430? Thats the old big antenna with the tail, new antennas are very small and have no tail.

I dont think they're ugly at all, makes them blend into the car so that you dont notice it.

I think I know the car you mean, a red SC430? Thats the old big antenna with the tail, new antennas are very small and have no tail.

I think thats the one I saw. That pic inspired me to install my own system since Circuit City wouldnt touch it. They said it would take too long and have lots of wiring to do.

I think I got it done in less time than they said it would take.

Check out the color matched antenna site, the smaller antennas look really good painted.

You could also try a higher end stereo place like a Myer Emco or a Tweeter. They had no problem doing my Lexus.