Stains On Vinyl Door Arm Rests

I have a nicely maintained 99 ES300. I received a jacket for my birthday a few months ago. It got wet in a heavy rain storm while I was walking to my car after work. The thing then started to bleed dark blue dye on the leather seat back, center console arm rest and the driver's door arm rest.

I used Lexon cleaner and conditioner on the leather seat back and center console and it removed most of the stain. I think I can get the rest of it out using this stuff when the weather warms up.

The vinyl door arm rest is a different story, does anyone have any suggestions on what to use to get this stain out?

Thanks, Steve

• 4 months later...

I just recently bought an RX300. Unfortunately it came with some stains on the vinyl on the two front doors. It is a red stain. I have tried everything and nothing will take it out - does anyone have any suggestions. I took it to a leather repair shop but since it is vinyl, there was nothing he could do. Has anyone ever had the vinyl replaced?

I just recently bought an RX300.  Unfortunately it came with some stains on the vinyl on the two front doors.  It is a red stain.  I have tried everything and nothing will take it out - does anyone have any suggestions.  I took it to a leather repair shop but since it is vinyl, there was nothing he could do.  Has anyone ever had the vinyl replaced?

Have you tried diluted Woolite? Dilute it quite a bit (10:1 Water:Woolite or so).

On recommendations here, I used Woolite to clean the plastic and vinyl on my 1999 RX300 interior a couple of weeks ago and it was able to remove dirt and scuff marks that wouldn't come out with other cleaners.

Whether this will work on a stain or not, I do not know. However, it seems worth a try. Good luck.

Try 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover, apply product and let it dwell for 5-10 mins before remoal, it may take 2-3 applications to remove these stains (especially the red dye)

JonM

can you buy that in a store instead of on the web?

I just recently bought an RX300.  Unfortunately it came with some stains on the vinyl on the two front doors.  It is a red stain.  I have tried everything and nothing will take it out - does anyone have any suggestions.  I took it to a leather repair shop but since it is vinyl, there was nothing he could do.  Has anyone ever had the vinyl replaced?

Have you tried diluted Woolite? Dilute it quite a bit (10:1 Water:Woolite or so).

On recommendations here, I used Woolite to clean the plastic and vinyl on my 1999 RX300 interior a couple of weeks ago and it was able to remove dirt and scuff marks that wouldn't come out with other cleaners.

Whether this will work on a stain or not, I do not know. However, it seems worth a try. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply!! I tried the Woolite but it did not take out the red stain, but I did use it on some of the scuff marks and it worked great. I am going to try the 303 cleaner next - have to order first.