Aftermarket Sub And Amp

In an previous posting, I talked about how I replaced my sub and added a Kenwood mono sub amp. I now have a 12 inch (05C124) Kicker Comp sub that is suitable for free air applications. When taking out the factory sub, I noticed that it said it was a 6 ohm sub, when makes me think that the factory amp is operating at 6 ohms as well. Am I correct in this, and if so, will that affect the sound or power of my aftermarket amp and sub since they are both operating at 4 ohm?

WOW, maybe yours was replaced? My original pioneer sub(non-nak) is a 2ohm sub. So you'll be fine with the 4ohm. <_< Actually mines for a GS3, I noticed you have a GS4, so it may be different, hmmm! It won't make any difference with an aftermarket sub and amp.

WOW, maybe yours was replaced? My original pioneer sub(non-nak) is a 2ohm sub. So you'll be fine with the 4ohm. <_< Actually mines for a GS3, I noticed you have a GS4, so it may be different, hmmm! It won't make any difference with an aftermarket sub and amp.

Hey TurboGS300:

Kinda off-topic question. I saw your system. Very nice.

I noticed you have the Kenwood DVD changer. Does this play any sort of DVD-R or DVD+R media?

Thanks in advance.

DJPILL

Thanks DJPILL,

Since then I've redid the deck mount with a kit and put the center channel in the pocket :D I bought the dvd changer mostly for multiple MP3 disc playback. I don't have a screen hooked to it. I've played DVD's on it when I first got it, however, I haven't played any DVD-R's or +R's yet. The specs say it doesn't, I'll let you know if they're wrong.

Thanks DJPILL,

Since then I've redid the deck mount with a kit and put the center channel in the pocket :D  I bought the dvd changer mostly for multiple MP3 disc playback. I don't have a screen hooked to it. I've played DVD's on it when I first got it, however, I haven't played any DVD-R's or +R's yet. The specs say it doesn't, I'll let you know if they're wrong.

Yeah if you can check this out I would be MOST appreciative! I have been asking around and nobody could give me a straight answer on this. :-(

You can drop me an email at djpill@ruderfinn.com if you find any information out!

TIA!

DJPILL