Leather Seat Cover

Any trim shop should be able to replace a pannel with varying degrees of sucess. If you go to a trim shop that specializes in leather you will have a better chance of a good match in grade and color. Realize that replacing one of the panels with new leather will have a little bit of a different look against leather of the same color that has been broken in.

Any trim shop should be able to replace a pannel with varying degrees of sucess.  If you go to a trim shop that specializes in leather you will have a better chance of a good match in grade and color. Realize that replacing one of the panels with new leather will have a little bit of a different look against leather of the same color that has been broken in.

thanks- luckily there are no cuts,holes or anything like that.looks like the stiching in the middle of the seat was cut.I'd prefer to have them re stich than replace.we'll see. An adjuster is supposed to stop by and check it out!

:blushing:

thanks- luckily there are no cuts,holes or anything like that.looks like the stiching in the middle of the seat was cut.I'd prefer to have them re stich than replace.we'll see. An adjuster is supposed to stop by and check it out!

Adjuster - Are you talking INSURANCE adjuster? If so, I would be less expensive

to have it repaired yourself than to pay a deductable. If applicable, correct me.

;)

Adjuster - Are you talking INSURANCE adjuster? If so, I would be less expensive

to have it repaired yourself than to pay a deductable. If applicable, correct me.

;)

yes, an insurance adjuster. Long story short...my windshield was replaced and the shop called - Mobile Auto Glass in Jamaica , NY... while vacuming the shards of glass managed to cut the seat stiching. o course i complained and they did not want to take responsibility-so i left.

I called the insurance company because they also damaged the drivers side post and around the windshield while removing the old one. UNREAL.they also left black silicone all over the roof of the car and took an 1 1/2 to replace the windshield.

I had the bottom cushon on my driver's seat completely remade plus one square on the passenger's seat and one square in the lumbar region on my driver's seat for $600. I called my local Lexus dealer to have them do it; they said they don't do upholstry work, so I asked them for a recommendation. The guy they recommended has been nothing but excellent. You'd be suprised at what a good upholsterer can do.

post-1461-1109911994_thumb.jpg

I had the bottom cushon on my driver's seat completely remade plus one square on the passenger's seat and one square in the lumbar region on my driver's seat for $600. I called my local Lexus dealer to have them do it; they said they don't do upholstry work, so I asked them for a recommendation. The guy they recommended has been nothing but excellent. You'd be suprised at what a good upholsterer can do.

wow-they look great!