What Compression For Me?

soarerTT

im going to pick up a 2jzgte engine and go for the swap, i want to go for about 420-450 hp, and i am pretty clueless on compression issues. i slightly understand that raising the compresion can get you more bang for your boost, but higher possibility for knocking and detonation. well i have no idea really what i should be looking for. i want reliable power probably more than anything, ill have the engine taken apart, but when i put it back together what compression should i be going for and what do i need to do to achieve that, i.e pistons, headgaskets. also im probably going to upgrade to a single turbo if i got the dollars, but would that matter when building the internals as oppossed to running the tt setup? any charts, what does your setups look like?

thanks

unless your going to spend the money and get all of the machine work done i would just not even take the motor appart because the motor will easily make your desired hp by just upgrading turbo, if you do go higher on comp. i think 9.0 is best, because you will have a bit more torque when you dont have boost stock is 8.5.

If you only want that much power, you should be about right on with a big downpipe, cat back, test pipe, intake, boost controller, and a FMIC. That should put you at exactly what you want to hit. You won't even have to touch the turbo, compression, anything. That's basically BPU+ numbers